September 2017 Screenshot thread

PackRat

Please remember to use thumbnails

Start this month with some Kate, fluxbox, and two of the better distros available:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

spectrwm + emacs

The more I tinker with emacs the more I like it - need to get my head around some keybindings to exit gracefully though; getting hung up too often. Time to revisit the tutorial  8)

or perhaps this guy -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

vsido + geany + xfce4-terminal.

Compiling dwm

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Showtime - the wind picked up about 7:00PM EST:

Check back in a couple days - assuming the power is up and running.

I'm on the call list for a FEMA contractor - albeit way down the list - I can see where my phone rings this time around.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on September 10, 2017, 11:58:40 PM
Showtime - the wind picked up about 7:00PM EST:
Check back in a couple days - assuming the power is up and running.
I'm on the call list for a FEMA contractor - albeit way down the list - I can see where my phone rings this time around.

Yeah, I'd be surprised if it didn't as well.  It is 24/7 coverage up here and it looks pretty awful.  Catastrophically awful actually!  Good for you, pitching in to do whatever you can.  I'm sure everyone in the path is grateful to all the volunteers...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

No call.

Actually, there may be some backlash aimed at the Weather Channel and other news outlets over-hyping the destructive power of the storm and accentuating the doom-and-gloom aspect. Seen a couple editorials with that slant, hopefully it doesn't get out of hand and people stay focused on the relief efforts.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

^Yeah, saw lots of the "Doomsday" event calling.  ::) Pretty sure that didn't help matters any.  Back on topic...

Really liking the new 4.13.1 Kernel.  System is cool and responsive.  Seems pretty stable for such an unstable system!  Over 5 years of vsido use and still going strong. Tried more than 20 distros this summer.  Like I said, vsido is my daily user/goto system.  I do boot two other partitions with 'other' distros, simply to keep them up to date...  (and to waste disk space I suppose)  ::)
Forum Netiquette

lwfitz

VSIDO w/ Mate Panel.......

I think I like it

Don't Be A Dick!

jedi

^That is great lwfitz!

building 4.13.2

time it took...

Voila, 4.13.2-nixnut...

Big thanks for VSIDO, and the ease of use it allows not only installing Sid, but in maintaining a great OS.  This thing runs faster and cooler than any Linux distro out there.
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

^ that stormy wallpaper is blurring all your windows  :D

checking out sublime text editor.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Forum Netiquette

jedi

Forum Netiquette

jedi

gimping!

say whuuuutt???

I love 'compton'!
Forum Netiquette

jedi

Thank FSM for backups!

Got busy in the garage, came in and deleted my goto root and home directories somehow.  Not sure what happened.  You can plainly see I was wrong, nouveau works fine with Nvidia seeing as how I've not installed the drivers yet!
Forum Netiquette