VSIDO - Hiatus or The End

VastOne

I am seriously considering pulling the plug on all of this soon.. It is not something I expected to come about but it has

Debian and the entire gcc fiasco is a nightmare gcc 7.0 just hit and now on the ISO's there are versions 4.8,4.9,5.0,6.0 and 7.0 taking up 642.5 MiB of real time space and adding a whopping 120 MiB to the ISO's

I am tired of this.. there is no rhyme or reason and frustratingly no explanations anywhere... it is like the old days of Debian and gnome where you had to keep shit around forever for retrograde bullshit apps

I will keep watching this and hope for changes soon but it does not look good.. perhaps this maybe the time to shift to the lite version only and say the hell with it

I am tired of this
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I ended up just removing gcc-7 (never asked for it to install) and everything is back to normal sizes..

It took 8 hours today to update, build and test 6 ISO's

Believe it or not, I am exhausted.. it is quite taxing when there is such a delay on updates and kernels

Bitch Mode Over

I dev VSIDO

DeepDayze

Best to hold off on GCC-7 until it becomes stable and the new default compiler for debian. Don't forget Sid gets temperamental at times :)

GCC-4.8 should become deprecated real soon so you might be able to ditch that one too if no packages in the ISO depend on it.

Snap

So... hiatus, or the end... or anything else?  ::)

How things are going, boss? What are the plans ATM?

PackRat

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

I am back home and among the living but still not in the best health...

Will try to get some ISO's out by the end of the week

Thanks

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Oh, I had no idea you are having health problems! So sorry about that. I hope you get well soon, VastOne.

I thought it was only the isos fatness issues reported above. Silly me. Whatever you decide to do. Get healthy and strong.

hakerdefo

Quote from: VastOne on January 09, 2018, 02:38:16 PM
I am back home and among the living but still not in the best health...

Will try to get some ISO's out by the end of the week

Thanks

Wishing a speedy recovery Vasty!
Forums aren't the same without you, sadly!
And let's make some new plans for VSIDO for the new 2018, After you are back in perfect shape that is! Hopefully soon!

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

ozitraveller

@v-ger health is most important! All the best!

ozi

VastOne

Thank you all...

Feeling a bit better now, enough to get out ISO's today

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Good to know you're feeling better

DeepDayze

Great to hear you finally gotten better, V-1 :)

VSIDO lives on!