polls

Digit

:D

freedom, eased with a dash o democratic polling, aye....  justa see lay of land, n feel of general comunity vibe (of poll answering portion of forum visiting community at least), so lets not let it be taken as hard gospel.   if it turns out the majority of poll-answering, forum-visitors, are britney spears fans, and want her a default in all vsido releases from now on, then surely good sence and taste would prevail...  but hey, does this forumware have an inbuilt feature, or a plugin?

who wants polls, vote yes.  who isnt bothered, vote not bothered.  who votes against polls, vote no.  if none of these choices are accurate enough to how you want to vote, vote other.

dizzie

There is a poll option, but for each forum (and child of it) an admin has to enable "able to create polls" See if you can find an admin, who'd enable it for you  :D

I'll take it up with VastOne  :)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

Digit

vastone, can haz polls?   ???

VastOne

Give me a reason for a poll?  a valid poll subject that would sell me on this...

I am skeptical only because I have been on sites where there are polls and have seen them as ugly, ridiculous in what the polls are/were about and not very accurate ...

What would we need to poll about here now?
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Digit

to me polls are an awesome bit of fun, and sometimes telling, sometimes not.  who knows what thousands of reasons users might have to make a poll.  i really like graphs depicting things, even simple bar graphs.  i'm a geek, it goes with the teritory to like graphing things.  so why not graph community perception too.  we're not stupid, we know to take the results with the apropriate measures of fault tollerence taken into account.  they're not absolute arbriter of decision, in that they're corruptable, and popular choice isnt always best choice, but they're still nice to have.  if anything i think they just make great talking points, something that fires of some diologue, or development path.  i'm sorry you've had bad experiences with polls in the past, but to me the question isnt of putting a case for why we should be, to me it just should be.  as in, what the heck reason is there to not have a poll feature.  just a bit of harmless fun, that can sometimes yeild some useful info.  look around, see who's in the comunity... what's the worst that could happen?  trust us that little?  ;D  hehe.

go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on, go on.   ^_^  pweeeeease can i haz poll... i pwomise to stop using lolcat speak, and replacing "l"s with "w"s...  please....   %,%

VastOne

Good answers Digit, and keep in mind I have not said no and am not opposed to Polls..

Let's hear from some of the others before we decide, fair enough?

I dev VSIDO

falldown

I imagine a poll (sensible one at that) would be some fun.

VastOne

There is a poll now to determine if we should have polls at the top of this poll page about polls   ???

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

Lets see, should we have polls...

there are:
  • telephone poles,
  • street poles
  • ski poles
  • north and south poles,

what ... OH
    P*O*L*L*S
    I knew that ... I knew that
Stay Home

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

... maybe a poll about poles?  :D
Stay Home

dizzie

Or polls about pole position?  :D
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jedi

or perhaps polls about poles going to polls about poles taking polls on other poles?  ::) ??? ::)
    :'(

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Sector11

Everyone knows that poles can't take polls, however saying that:

polls about Poles going to polls about Poles taking polls on poles

is a possibility!
Stay Home

omns

I'm hoping common sense will prevail ;)