uefi boot on Toshiba 875D laptop - boots but no keyboard

PackRat

I'll post this here in case someone has a solution that will be useful to me others.

Tried to get the live session of the new uEFI capable iso ( 9 April 2017 build ).

Always got to the grub menu, but the first couple efforts hanged - I let it sit for a minute or so  just to see if it was slow, but no joy.

Finally went to completion, and auto logged into a live session, but the keyboard was dead (mouse worked) so I couldn't do anything.

This laptop - Toshiba 875D - isn't particularly user friendly when it comes to Linux uEFI - had some issues with Fedora and Ubuntu boot/live sessions as well so if you're shopping around might not be the one to get.

If someone knows a trick to get the keyboard going, please share the information in case someone else has the same issue.

Otherwise an excellent effort by Team VSIDO - (live session was smooth as silk on my non-uEFI machines)
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

Quote from: PackRat on April 11, 2017, 11:32:34 PM
I'll post this here in case someone has a solution that will be useful to me others.

Tried to get the live session of the new uEFI capable iso ( 9 April 2017 build ).

Always got to the grub menu, but the first couple efforts hanged - I let it sit for a minute or so  just to see if it was slow, but no joy.

Finally went to completion, and auto logged into a live session, but the keyboard was dead (mouse worked) so I couldn't do anything.

This laptop - Toshiba 875D - isn't particularly user friendly when it comes to Linux uEFI - had some issues with Fedora and Ubuntu boot/live sessions as well so if you're shopping around might not be the one to get.

If someone knows a trick to get the keyboard going, please share the information in case someone else has the same issue.

Otherwise an excellent effort by Team VSIDO - (live session was smooth as silk on my non-uEFI machines)

Add following to the end of the boot command line from the Grub boot menu,

i8042.nomux=1 i8042.reset

Might work  :-\

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

PackRat

That fix appears to be the solution. No keyboard issues for a week now.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo