pmpm - Making Password Management Easy & Secure (V2)

hakerdefo

What can pmpm do?
1) Stateless management of accounts-passwords. Nothing is stored anywhere.
2) Manage accounts-passwords traditionally by saving them in an encrypted master-password protected file.
3) Generate true random passwords.
4) Generate pseudo random passwords.
5) Check password quality.

All of the above via a simple bash script!
Sounds interesting? Stay tuned, Coming very soon ;)
You Can't Always Git What You Want

ozitraveller

Hi hakerdefo

Stateless, I like the idea! Looking forward to your first code drop. Maintaining passwords is a real pain.

I came across this the other day, and thought it was interesting. I could be wrong though! :)
https://www.darrentoback.com/hide-complex-passwords-in-plain-sight-and-give-your-brain-a-break

Ozi

hakerdefo

That was an interesting post for sure.
I've been using stateless passwords via PMPM for a while. It makes passwords very easy and secure at the same time. Will post the script soon. Currently adding a last minute feaure to PMPM to help manage ATM card PIN.
Will let you know when the script is ready.
Cheers!!!

Snap

Hey hackerdefo, I know you're quite busy right know, but I'll dare to ask... Is pmpm V2 still brewing?

hakerdefo

It's ready. PM your email id and I'll send it. Only thing it lacks is a complete help function.

hakerdefo

Okay the script is ready! The problem, It exceeds the attachment limit  :(
jedi, any chance of parking space at nixnut?!?

Cheers!!!

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

hakerdefo

a

hakerdefo

Thanks for the reminder a!!!
I was to upload the script somewhere and post the link here as the script and its related files were exceeding the forum limits but somehow I forgot  :'(
I've uploaded the script to GitHub and here is the download link,

pmpm-master.zip

After downloading the archive, extract its contents into a directory, open that directory in your favorite terminal emulator and run the following commands,

chmod 755 install_pmpm
sudo ./install_pmpm

Remember to run the install_pmpm using sudo. Running the install_pmpm as the root is not allowed.

If your system has all the required dependencies then you'll get the "installation success" message, otherwise you will be warned about missing dependencies and the install process will be terminated. You'll have to re-run the install process after installing missing dependencies.

In my view pmpm is easily one of the best tool out there for managing all the password related tasks plus it has many extra goodies you won't even find in other big programs. Give it a go and I'm sure you will like it.

Cheers!!!

a

Thanks for the github link, will download it now.

hakerdefo

Quote from: a on July 05, 2017, 07:34:34 AM
Thanks for the github link, will download it now.
Looking forward to your views-review-suggestions!!!

Cheers!!!

a

nothing much comes to mind on first use,
maybe, offer a way to set up a hint for the master pass so that if you type in the wrong master pass you are given a memory hint. At the moment, say I set up a lot of manual passwords and I forget my master pass one day, how do I ever get access to all my passwords?
to be on the safe side I added a simple hint function so that I get an extra choice when I start the program
08 Show hint for master manual pass
I think this will rarely be used but put it there just in case.

zephyr

Hey, thanks hakerdefo! Gonna take a look at this!

Install went smoothly too!

Thanks

Zephyr
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO