hexchat icon strangeness

VastOne

I just switched from nouveau to nVidia and have found a strange situation with hexchat icons

You can see the white blob that is the icon on the tint2 panel.. the notification icon also does not show up .. but it is only for this app. I can run any other app that has notify and they work perfectly (pithos, transmission) .. To be clear, the icon is actually there and functional on the notification panel, it is just invisible

In my nouveau setup these icons worked flawlessly.. and the icons and app are where they are supposed to be.  nVidia was installed on this machine after removing nouveau so it definitely is a nVidia issue and not a hexchat issue

Any of you with nVidia run into anything like this at all? 

Turns out it was a hexchat issue that was resolved with the 2.12.3-4 release today
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I think the problem is hexchat - both this desktop and my laptop are intel graphics and the hexchat systemtray icon has disappeared completely:

I didn't capture the mouse in the shot, but a slot is created in the fluxbox systemtray and the "icon" is active. I can also bring up the context menu for hexchat if I click on it's space.

With multiple systray icons, there is even a "gap" for hexchat -

Same behavior in tint2, dwm and i3 systemtrays (intel graphics). This is a recent issue for me, and I think Void just had a recent upgrade for hexchat.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

Switched over to the desktop with the nvidia card - still Void linux. Same bevhavior; just a blank space for hexchat.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Thanks RatMan... I have context control of the invisible icon also on the systray.. can do anything with it except see it

the question is why is it working in nouveau only...

Strange one...

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Bug Reported to Hexchat Devs and Debian 848615

The last release on Dec 5th brought in a new maintainer replacing someone who had been doing it for years

This may be a transition bug

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

RatMan will you run hexchat from term and see if you get this message too?

(hexchat:10662): WARNING **: (pixmaps.c:104):load_pixmap: runtime check
failed: (pixbuf != NULL)

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

hexchat version  2.12.4
my upgrade came through on 12/14/16

terminal output:

** (hexchat:23994): WARNING **: (pixmaps.c:104):load_pixmap: runtime check failed: (pixbuf != NULL)

** (hexchat:23994): WARNING **: (pixmaps.c:104):load_pixmap: runtime check failed: (pixbuf != NULL)

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

So this appears to be the issue... Jedi has a working version of the same build as I (2.12.3-3) and does not have this error

I was going to build the 2.12.4 version but looks as if there is no need since you have the newer version

I have passed this along to the dev also

Thanks RatMan

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Turns out it was a hexchat issue that was resolved with the 2.12.3-4 release today

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I'll let you know what happens when my upgrade comes through.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

The devs response to the fix...

Quoteoh, seriously?

I really did nothing about this!

My response to him

QuoteThere was also a hicolor-icon-theme update today... I was curious if this was involved too.. I could not be sure since the issue was only affecting hexchat...

In any event I am glad it is resolved

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

This issue appears to be fixed. You have the icon back in Sid?

Same version of hexchat, but no error messages in terminal. Must have been some other packages messing me up.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Yes.. fix a while back with an update to the hicolor icon set

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Ok, I think I saw that hicolor icon update come through.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

I dev VSIDO