Listopadu 2016 Screenshot Thread

PackRat

Building a Void linux fluxbox spin -

alpha-02 - not too bad, forgot some packages, can dump some others:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on November 14, 2016, 01:12:12 PM
Getting cold up there.
You even bother to put the snow shovel away? We never really did when I was living in Duluth, MN.
Well, it hangs on the garage wall all year!  This is the first year I haven't stored the snowblower though.  As to it getting cold up here, we have been really, really, really lucky so far.  No snow, and it hasn't dipped below 20F yet!  It is currently around 55F out right now, which is unheard of.  I'll mark it down to Global Warming! :)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Snap

^^ I do it often for fun in VMs. Maybe some day I go metal and finally switch to Void. What still keeps me in Debian is mostly that. Void is very barebones. We take many things for granted in Debian and many other distros defaults or base systems. In Void you need to figure out what's missing all the time. I guess it's question of repeat and rinse to get used to it.

PackRat

Quote from: Snap on November 17, 2016, 05:24:01 AM
We take many things for granted in Debian and many other distros defaults or base systems. In Void you need to figure out what's missing all the time.

So true. Got the installer working (I think), may take it to completion later tonight or tomorrow.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Xmonad with the ewmh and minimize hooks loaded, xfce4-panel, and conky with own_window_type set to panel. Make Xmonad behave a bit more like a stacking window manager and get some more functionality out of xfce4-panel:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on November 22, 2016, 07:22:51 PM
Xmonad with the ewmh and minimize hooks loaded, xfce4-panel, and conky with own_window_type set to panel. Make Xmonad behave a bit more like a stacking window manager and get some more functionality out of xfce4-panel...

I think ^that^ is probably some of what causes migraines!  Watching Dana Carvey on Netflix on VSIDO!

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

It's the Haskell that causes the migraines - as a side effect my kids are becoming well versed in four letter words.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Rough day boarding is better than an easy day watching TV -

defintiely prefers 4 wheels to 2 - she's going to want a 4x4 for birthday #18.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Very very cool RatMan...

I just got back from a 6 hour trip visiting my granddaughters and made it back in time to get a hug from my grandson today

That my friend is a good day
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quote from: VastOne on November 26, 2016, 11:00:02 PM
Very very cool RatMan...

I just got back from a 6 hour trip visiting my granddaughters and made it back in time to get a hug from my grandson today

That my friend is a good day

indeed.

more fluxbox; went fishing today -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo