Listopadu 2016 Screenshot Thread

PackRat

Another month and nearing the end of 2016 -

Please remember to use thumbnails  ;D

void linux + dwm

work in progress.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Today

Building ISO's in V-Box with the 4.8 kernel that was finally released today to SID

Will finish and test and upload by 8pm CST
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

^ awesome

change of pace - the other half of my dual boot desktop - heading down to the big pond:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Finally, in the last couple of weeks, my MSI laptop is finally happy!  A VSIDO only lappy now.  2 scrots, the first, clean for me, the second, showing gmb.

Distro courtesy of VastOne of course!  Best of the best. (IMO)  Also a quick shoutout to Arclance who's weather script just keeps on ticking!  A nice one for watching for bad weather up here...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

;D  My wife is OFFICIALLY using VSIDO Linux as her main goto OS!!!  8) Her winblows 10 was making us all suicidal.  A very happy day in the jedi household!!!  Next, the kids...   ;)
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Quote from: jedi on November 06, 2016, 09:22:03 PM
;D  My wife is OFFICIALLY using VSIDO Linux as her main goto OS!!!  8) Her winblows 10 was making us all suicidal.  A very happy day in the jedi household!!!  Next, the kids...   ;)

My oldest has Windows 10 on the laptop she uses for school work - and at the moment Youtube - it is making me suicidal as well. So annoying. You make a UEFI install on your wife's computer, or go into legacy mode?

back to topic -

spectrwm, wallpaper is an image of Angkor Wat, Cambodia - have to put that place on the Bucket List.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on November 06, 2016, 09:41:16 PM
You make a UEFI install on your wife's computer, or go into legacy mode?

No UEFI on hers!  Thank all the gods!

What are you using there for your shell?  Zsh?  What theme?
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Shell is bash.

The theme is configured in the ~/.spectrwm.conf file. All I did was increase the border width (3 px I think, on the laptop right now) and decrease the contrast so the active window has a different look -

for the gtk apps, I'm using one of the Xfce themes included with the Xfce spin of Void - there are some nice ones in there that don't get borked by gtk-3.

QuoteDistro courtesy of VastOne of course!  Best of the best. (IMO) 

I hear ya; loving Void, but missing VSIDO - I'm going to have to set up a dual boot or VM.

And fluxbox still the go-to wm:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

drive-by posting; tinkering with a grayscale/light theme template:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

Getting cold up there.
You even bother to put the snow shovel away? We never really did when I was living in Duluth, MN.

And for those that remember BeOS - an excellent OS that just didn't get any traction:

nightly build of Haiku - they provide an anyboot image that can be installed to a USB flash drive. Fun to mess around with. Seems a bit buggy, but it is running from a USB.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo