September 2016 Screenshot thread

PackRat

^ Looks good jedi - I ssume manjaro uses pacman for package management; do they use the Arch repos, or do they have to maintain their own?

Nice to see jwm getting some love ozi.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

they maintain their own, but you can add the arch repos.  or the AUR if you like living dangerously...  (i don't anymore...)  Gotta say, Xfce is pretty darn slick for a change...  Also only a thousand packages installed as opposed to Fedora and Ubuntu with 2000 +  (insane AND ridiculous)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

The Aur - any time I've added packages from the Aur, Arch soon borked; stay away from that  :D

Back on topic -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

QuoteThe Aur - any time I've added packages from the Aur, Arch soon borked; stay away from that

That's what they say. I've been away from Arch for a long while but I remember it that way too. Better to compile from source yourself than trust often unattended aur packages.

jedi

Thinking I have Manjaro fully dressed now and ready for full use.  I'm not complaining about having a brand new laptop, just that I'm not happy with my Linux choices on it!  But hey, with Windows and Mac, I got no choices at all.  I'll eventually have VSIDO as the 'goto' OS on this beast, wait and see!

one more...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Really good stuff Jed and RatMan...

A scrot showing a less than 3 minute install with the latest ISO's ... the size of the ISO has almost doubled over the last year with all the crap gcc/Debian has added. I have only removed apps over the last year so there is nothing at all I have done to make a 300 MiB change to the ISO size...

Imagine how fast it would install if it was back down to the 400 MiB marks it was once at...

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Forum Netiquette

ozitraveller

Amazing! Only 3 minutes! :)

I must agree with your comment about debian bloat! So many more dependencies with every release!

Great work V-ger!

PackRat

vsido install times are just insane.

last one for Sept. - xmonad, xmobar:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo