Question about spacefm

emninger

Hi!

Is there in spacefm an equivalent to the following commands of pcmanfm:

- `pcmanfm menu://applications`
- `pcmanfm computer:///`
- `pcmanfm Trash:///`

At a first glance i don't see it, but i'm not so familiar with spacefm (which in theory i'd prefer because of its capability to run efficiently without systemd and udev). So, very likely,  i've overseen something.

Thanks a lot in advance for your patience!

PackRat

The Trash capability requires a plugin - spacefm plugins ; I use the Corbeille-SpaceFM plugin for the Trash and it works just like pcmanfm/thunar.

Not sure about the other two on your list; they may require plugins as well, or just some configuration.

Edit - actually, I may have misinterpreted what you're asking.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

emninger

Thanks for answering. I'll have a look at the plugin whereto you me pointed.

To explain: When you're calling pcmanfm in the way i posted above, it will open either the lxde xdg menu, or the Trash or Devices - within the filemanager obviously. That's a pretty nice feature which turns handy when you're configuring some internal menu in your windowmanager (like fluxbox or jwm).

Since i was pointed recently to the capability of spacefm to live without udev & systemd (i'm running debian/devuan with openrc), it would be nice to substitute pcmanfm by spacefm. And it would be even nicer if this was possible without any losses ;)

Snap

The applications feature in pcmanfm is really nice indeed. But I'm not aware of being possible in spacefm. I guess it might be done writing a plugin. Anyway you can always have a bookmark to the /usr/share/applications directory. Or if if you feel it like safer, copy your *.desktop files to ~/.local/share/applications and make a bookmark there (though you must update it manually). It won't look as nice (or as a menu-like) as in pcmanfm, but does the same job.

emninger

Thank you snap!

But then, the simplest way would be to call an xdotool command which starts the right click menu (of *box) ... (like described here:  https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/tint2 (Applications menu in Openbox)

emninger

Answering to myself i found this:

pcmanfm Trash:///   =  spacefm ~/.local/share/Trash/files
pcmanfm computer:///  =  spacefm / /media/   (given you have ticked "Show Devices" - is that by default?)
pcmanfm menu://applications/  = spacefm ; xdotool key super+F1 (1)

--------

1) This presumes that you have set in your box (jwm here in my case) mask 4 (mod4 for fluxbox) + F1 for the root menu. And of course, xdotool has to be installed.

PackRat

Quotepcmanfm computer:///  =  spacefm / /media/   (given you have ticked "Show Devices" - is that by default?)

I think it is.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

^^ You are correct, Sir.

I don't think I'll use them but will keep a note into my SpaceFM documentation just in case.

Regarding eudev, you can grab it from the antiX repos. It seems to give problems with some laptops in Jessie but seems to work fine in Sid and Testing.