(Resolved) New tint2 update creates task icon issues

VastOne

I have opened an issue with tint2 dev here that shows Task icon sizes have been dramatically reduced in size since the latest updates

You can see the changes in this image

Dev says he will look into and resolve...

Will update here when resolved
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

This issue has been resolved. The dev has corrected it for the next release and I have corrected the code on the ISO's

The defaults in VSIDO now are:

task_maximum_size = 41 41

and

launcher_icon_size = 35

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Have you looked at the new options for tint2? Other than what just happened, there shouldn't be much impact, but there might be some new options you may like.

And I think there is a man page now; does it come through with an upgrade? I installed the git version when I reinstalled Debian and haven't bothered with it since.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

I have looked at some of it... will take a closer look soon

Still trying to resolve the gtk3 issues that is killing the menus on the installer...

and holding back any ISO releases

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Quote from: VastOneStill trying to resolve the gtk3 issues that is killing the menus on the installer...

Far as I can tell, the gtk3 devs don't really give a shit about the fact that they've broken everything prior to gtk3 3.20...
There are maybe 5 themes that still work or have been 'ported/updated' to work with gtk3 and they are all ugly as #$&K!  I'm so pissed about everything right now I can barely type without killing my keyboard in frustration.  It just burns me up that this kind of BULLSHIT STILL happens in Linux world.  I mean wtf were they thinking?  Switching everything to CSS when they know that probably no one is going to be willing to take the time involved to make old themes work.  Total asses...  (thats me being kind and offering up my half cent worth, and yeah, sure, I'm pissed off about it...)
I'm not going to use Gnome EVER, or KDE EVER, so fix this already and let me get back to VSIDO.  ( < pointing to the gtk3 devs)  Sick of Arch and their attitude ridden forum.  Wiped it and have actually restored Windows 10 Home on my new laptop.  It sits in the kitchen on the sideboard not getting used, while I end up using this POS HP Pavilion laptop.
I probably shouldn't complain so badly, it does have a liteon(it?) 256 Gb SSD and 8 Gb's of RAM...  :'(
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Snap

This is happening lately. Long time Linux users jumping away to other OSs. Really sad.

VastOne

Quote from: jedi on June 06, 2016, 12:27:23 AM
Quote from: VastOneStill trying to resolve the gtk3 issues that is killing the menus on the installer...

Far as I can tell, the gtk3 devs don't really give a shit about the fact that they've broken everything prior to gtk3 3.20...
There are maybe 5 themes that still work or have been 'ported/updated' to work with gtk3 and they are all ugly as #$&K!  I'm so pissed about everything right now I can barely type without killing my keyboard in frustration.  It just burns me up that this kind of BULLSHIT STILL happens in Linux world.  I mean wtf were they thinking?  Switching everything to CSS when they know that probably no one is going to be willing to take the time involved to make old themes work.  Total asses...  (thats me being kind and offering up my half cent worth, and yeah, sure, I'm pissed off about it...)
I'm not going to use Gnome EVER, or KDE EVER, so fix this already and let me get back to VSIDO.  ( < pointing to the gtk3 devs)  Sick of Arch and their attitude ridden forum.  Wiped it and have actually restored Windows 10 Home on my new laptop.  It sits in the kitchen on the sideboard not getting used, while I end up using this POS HP Pavilion laptop.
I probably shouldn't complain so badly, it does have a liteon(it?) 256 Gb SSD and 8 Gb's of RAM...  :'(

Could not have said it any better... And I hope to resolve it soon.  Going to see about a PackRat suggestion to pin it...

But I am curious as to why I cannot get any of these themes that are supposed work to do anything at all.  I just get white screens.

I am testing them in a live-cd session where I download the theme and apply it and get no changes to menus

Is it possible some of these would need a reboot to affect the menus?  Not sure

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I wouldn't think a theme would need a system reboot; maybe a logout/login.

QuoteSick of Arch and their attitude ridden forum.  Wiped it and have actually restored Windows 10 Home on my new laptop.  It sits in the kitchen on the sideboard not getting used

Give Void linux a shot - it's like Arch without the attitude. The 2 devs that handle the forum are pretty helpful and want their distro working ootb.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Quote from: Snap on June 06, 2016, 05:47:36 AM
This is happening lately. Long time Linux users jumping away to other OSs. Really sad.

Happens when major changes are in the pipeline. It's easy to forget that you're running a bleeding edge release when it's not crashing - get spoiled by the rock solid aspects of VSIDO.

If/when it gets out of hand, I just "downgrade" to Debian Stable or Slackware until the storm passes.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

Quote from: VastOne on June 07, 2016, 02:07:47 AM
...But I am curious as to why I cannot get any of these themes that are supposed work to do anything at all.  I just get white screens.

I am testing them in a live-cd session where I download the theme and apply it and get no changes to menus

Is it possible some of these would need a reboot to affect the menus?  Not sure
Might sound like a funny advice but make sure you have following two packages installed,

gtk2-engines-murrine
gnome-themes-standard

Install them if they are missing and test those themes again.
And yes you don't need a reboot, a simple logout-login should be good enough.
Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

Snap

QuoteIf/when it gets out of hand, I just "downgrade" to Debian Stable or Slackware until the storm passes.

Sometimes the trees won't let you see the forest. Great obvious advice that sometimes is surprisingly hard to see.

QuoteGive Void linux a shot - it's like Arch without the attitude. The 2 devs that handle the forum are pretty helpful and want their distro working ootb.

+1

Plus some good extras added to the recipe: xbps (a killer and blazingly fast  package manager, I think I still prefer the "tedious" apt, but xbps and xbps-src are really smart tools and IMHO superior to pacman), runit, eudev, libressl... kinda Arch meets BSD with a twist.

DeepDayze

GTK 3.20 has been breaking so many things and it sure is ridiculous I say. Do they read all the bug reports and mailing lists that point out the issues this update brings? It sure is sad when the GTK3 devs lose touch with the user base and application developers.