June 2016 Screenshot Thread

jedi

Let 'em rip!

I was just wondering when I took this scrot if dizzie would think it was running to hot?   8)

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

dizzie

Using an Intel, anything above 75 is hot.

I keep most of my PCs running at about 20-30 (on air) even FreeBSD (PackRat!)

Got a new SSD for my laptop, and not sure what I want to put on it. Will try avoid using wicd or ceni for wifi, so we'll see what I come up with

Looks good Jedi, I like the wallpaper  8)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jedi

Newest Intel Skylake.  I think one of those temps says 25C!  Have seen as low as 19C!  A laptop with an uptime of over a day with several things running!  I was pretty impressed...   ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

I can only dream of temperatures that low on my laptop - curse you HP!

fluxbox, usual suspects - mpv video player.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on June 01, 2016, 12:47:54 PM
fluxbox, usual suspects - mpv video player.
I have been using the 'mpv' video player lately myself!  Where 'vlc' and 'smplayer' will often times display 'tearing' issues, 'mpv' has never done so!  Would be nice if it had a volume control built in though...
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

I think there are some internal key bindings for volume control. My only issue with mpv is that it will select the Spanish version of the movie on some DVD's - namely the recent Batman movies (although, Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman speaking Spanish while kicking butt is kind of cool).

QuoteGot a new SSD for my laptop, and not sure what I want to put on it. Will try avoid using wicd or ceni for wifi, so we'll see what I come up with

Slackware-current - no systemd (OpenRC I think), but all the usual Slackware tools for manual configuration. Slackware 14.2 - or whatever they end up calling it - release should be imminent.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Back on topic.

Kate Beckinsale .... some apps, distro, etc ...

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Been a while, Ive just used the default VSIDO desktop for the lat year or so..........

Time for some change and I think Ill start with some thieving from Jedi.

Don't Be A Dick!

dizzie

dizzie

Quote from: PackRat on June 01, 2016, 02:17:18 PM
I think there are some internal key bindings for volume control. My only issue with mpv is that it will select the Spanish version of the movie on some DVD's - namely the recent Batman movies (although, Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman speaking Spanish while kicking butt is kind of cool).

QuoteGot a new SSD for my laptop, and not sure what I want to put on it. Will try avoid using wicd or ceni for wifi, so we'll see what I come up with

Slackware-current - no systemd (OpenRC I think), but all the usual Slackware tools for manual configuration. Slackware 14.2 - or whatever they end up calling it - release should be imminent.

I'd rather run Ubuntu with a EISA card, than using Slackware, at least Ubuntu have a package manager  :D

Snap

QuoteI have been using the 'mpv' video player lately myself!  Where 'vlc' and 'smplayer' will often times display 'tearing' issues, 'mpv' has never done so!  Would be nice if it had a volume control built in though...

QuoteMy only issue with mpv is that it will select the Spanish version of the movie on some DVD's - namely the recent Batman movies (although, Anne Hathaway as Cat Woman speaking Spanish while kicking butt is kind of cool).

Another happy mpv user here. (Mplayer and vlc are for the framebuffer. AFAIK mpv doesn't work there yet). When I started using it I missed all the fancy tools in the SMPlayer GUI, but now that I'm used to the keybindings I rather prefer it that minimalistic way. Even the OSD is too much in the way LOL. I don't have an optical drive anymore, so besides being spanish,  I don't face DVD language issues.

Back on topic.... though I don't have any fancy desktop scrot to show. My setups are plain and boring. Better post yours.  8)

PackRat

@dizzie - maybe void linux then, nice minimal distro and the devs are active in the forum. They don't really point it out, but they issue an iso that installs cli only so you can  build your own - the others use network-manager.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

dizzie

I'll stick with Debian thanks. And if I must FreeBSD :-)

PackRat

Quote from: lwfitz on June 01, 2016, 07:29:55 PM
Been a while, Ive just used the default VSIDO desktop for the lat year or so..........

nice to see you're still amongst the living.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

dwm; making the best of tropical storm Colin -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo