How To: Building the VSIDO Installer

VastOne

I did everything exactly as you did in git, the build and made sure it was 6.0.3 in the build..

Running apt-cache policy keeptalking

clearly shows 6.0.3~trios1 is installed in the build and in the installs

git branch = trios-master and the grep output is exactly the same:

grep cns11643 ./keeptalking/Locale/__init__.py
if "translit" in _file or "iso14651_t1" in _file or "POSIX" in _file or "cns11643_stroke" in _file: continue

I have attached the built .deb file created and what I used ... in looking at the included file keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb (in gdebi and xarchiver) I do NOT see a Locale directory or the __init__.py file

I have also attached the keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1.tar.xz file and this DOES have the Locale directory and the __init__.py file

This is a strange one.. I'm not sure what has happened but it has...  ::)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

filip

Quote from: VastOne on March 22, 2018, 10:21:55 PM
I have attached the built .deb file created and what I used ... in looking at the included file keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb (in gdebi and xarchiver) I do NOT see a Locale directory or the __init__.py file

I have also attached the keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1.tar.xz file and this DOES have the Locale directory and the __init__.py file

This is a strange one.. I'm not sure what has happened but it has...  ::)
Keeptalking source produces three packages, "keeptalking", "python-keeptalking" and "python-t9n":
[filip@stretch-K10][/tmp/keeptalking]$ ls ../ | grep .deb
keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb
python-keeptalking_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb
python-t9n_6.0.3~trios1_all.deb
And "/Locale/__init__.py" belongs in the "python-keeptalking".  ;)
Thus, you need all three installed and at the same version. I'd bet that "apt-cache policy python-keeptalking" shows it's an older version compared to "keeptalking"!?

Like I've said previously, "keeptalking" should really have versioned depends on the other two, so apt would complain if there's a version mismatch between any of them.
In other words, if you have "python-keeptalking" v=6.0.0 installed, and try to update only "keeptalking" to v=6.0.3 apt would complain and requre you to update "python-keeptalking" and "python-t9n" to v=6.0.3 as well.

Anyhow that's fixed in latest git (v=6.0.3~trios2).  :)

So, clone --> dpkg-buildpackage and then:cd ../ && sudo apt install ./keeptalking_6.0.3~trios2_all.deb ./python-keeptalking_6.0.3~trios2_all.deb ./python-t9n_6.0.3~trios2_all.deb

VastOne

^ Thanks man.. sorry I missed that on the earlier post... and all those deb files are there I just saw the first keeptalking deb and installed that and never looked past my mistake

Sorry that I was so obtuse Filip.. I appreciate your help on this

It's funny how most issues are staring you right in the face and you don't see them

I dev VSIDO

filip

Quote from: VastOne on March 23, 2018, 10:46:34 PM
^ Thanks man.. sorry I missed that on the earlier post... and all those deb files are there I just saw the first keeptalking deb and installed that and never looked past my mistake

Sorry that I was so obtuse Filip.. I appreciate your help on this
No problem at all!  :)

Quote from: VastOne on March 23, 2018, 10:46:34 PM
It's funny how most issues are staring you right in the face and you don't see them

I´d say it´s not much of a problem per se, however the frequency at which it occurs.....  :D ;D

VastOne

Hey Filip I hope all is well with you

I am getting the following error trying to build the latest

dpkg-buildpackage -uc -us
dpkg-buildpackage: error: cannot open file debian/changelog: No such file or directory

It looks like it may be due to Debian changing it's folder names from debian to debianpkg?

Just spitballing, I am not sure and Google isn't much help

Thanks

I dev VSIDO

filip

Hey,

Oh yeah, still kicking   8) ;D Albeit very little in the foss world :(

I'll try it out in a VM tonight/tomorrow, but before that, are you sure that you're in the right directory? That error usually comes out if your current dir is not one above "debian".
If the dir is correct, please post the "ls -la" output from there.

Didn't hear anything about "debian --> debianpkg", Google finds nothing, but anyway I doubt they'd make such a profound change now that the Buster freeze is ongoing.Which btw, has the coolest name so far  ;D

Cheers

VastOne

EDITED

It doesn't matter at this point anyway filip.. nothing has changed in the installer that would address the issue we are having covered here where no drives are showing up to be installed to in the gparted section unless you completely wipe everything before installing

I dev VSIDO

filip

No "debian"  dir there. Maybe something went sideways with the "git clone" or you forgot to switch to "trios-master" branch?? :)

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I ended up  having the files after all and they have not changed

I dev VSIDO

filip

Quote from: VastOne on March 17, 2019, 02:17:47 PM
I ended up  having the files after all and they have not changed
I'm not sure what are you saying? It builds now? :)
@EDIT:
I've looked at the posts about april ISO... Anyway, can't tell you much until I take a look in the VM. Will get back when I do :)

VastOne

I am saying I have what I need to check on build levels and nothing new has happened in development..

Sorry for the mass confusion

In the end I think this is a kernel issue but I cannot confirm it yet

I dev VSIDO