Digit, checking in.

Digit

i'd like a single room with a nice view.

^_^

yus, after many invites and insitances and urgings from several peeps, i finally gamehere n put down some roots.   got vsido on the main box.  no internet connectivity after install yet, but i'm sure that will be easilly sussed in time.   nice place you have here.

make it so.

dizzie

its either wicd making fun of you, and if you dont need wifi, use /etc/network/interfaces and add auto eth0 etc etc. You know what i am talking about :)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

lwfitz

Don't Be A Dick!

Sector11

Welcome here, Digit is.  Yeesssssss.

Take your pick: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   :D
Stay Home

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

falldown

Nice to see you Digit.
Unfortunately the padded rooms here at VSIDO don't have much of a view, but the straitjackets are really comfy.  ???

Digit

re;falldown:  oh good!  cos this one really chafes when i type.

re;dizzie:  not really, i've never been savvy with network shit.  but thnx, i'm sure i'll be able to suss it from there now you've got my ball rolling.   danka. ^_^

still doing ayurveda cooking course, so might b a few days before i'm back to full-time geeking

dizzie

Tis simple Digit :

dizzie@coffee:~$ cat /etc/network/interfaces

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

auto eth0
allow-hotplug eth0
iface eth0 inet dhcp
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

jst_joe

Welcome Digit.
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.  :D
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

VastOne

^ Very nice jst_joe..  That is signature worthy!   8)
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Digit

now the vsido fun can start.  eth1.  ayurvedic geeking majoris is outta the way, still got a load of crap piled up in my main computer's chair, but that will gradually change as the vsido funs start increasing.  update, upgrade, 104 mb to be got, and a quick glance at the list makes me weap for what i'm doing to that machine... it's gotten used to a refined "just what you need", minimal gentoo system.   seeing radeon fly by there, makes me realise i've just given famous grouse & coke to one who is used to >20 year old single malts.

:-[