TRIOS linstaller questions

VastOne

I resolved the tint2 wackiness with a neat little setting I found about restarting fluxbox

This is now setup on the ISO's and tested and works
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

filip

Important heads-up.
I've commited a fix for a nasty bug introduced in a recent commit ( "mkfs" detection ), which caused installer to freeze completely if user tried to edit a partition which contains a file system whose "mkfs" was not found.

What happens is that installer tries to preset a format box to the file system that partition in question allready contains ( when you edit an existing "ext4" partition, format box gets preset to "ext4" ).
So, instead of trying to preset an non-supported FS ( and turn into ice cube along the way ), it first checks to see whether or not that particular FS is supported ( meaning that "mkfs" for that FS exists ).

So, new ( still testing ) version is released.

Also, issues with xfs & reiserfs are now fixed.

Update at will. :)

For detailed changelog see here ( versions "mia6" and "mia7" are new ).
Cheers! :)

VastOne

I have built those and am now using them ... testing them so far all looks good

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

filip

Another update ( "mia8-dev" ):

- Added "--quet" argument to "mkfs.jfs", which prevents it from hanging when formating partitions which allready have an FS ( otherwise mkfs would ask for confirmation, which cannot be provided through installer ).
- Fixed mount options for all FS's, so no more failed mounting ( btrfs, jfs and xfs in particullar ).

So, right now all supported file systems ( exluding ntfs, fat & hfs+ ) are fully usable for a root partition ( both formating and mounting ). :)

Upgrade is strongly recommended for anyone planning to use btrfs, jfs or xfs for root ( otherwise, no rush ). :)

Quote from: jedi on February 04, 2016, 02:15:42 AM
@filip, love your avatar!!!  8)

Thanks jedi! :)

VastOne

Quote from: filip on February 04, 2016, 11:29:15 PM
Another update ( "mia8-dev" ):

- Added "--quet" argument to "mkfs.jfs", which prevents it from hanging when formating partitions which allready have an FS ( otherwise mkfs would ask for confirmation, which cannot be provided through installer ).
- Fixed mount options for all FS's, so no more failed mounting ( btrfs, jfs and xfs in particullar ).

So, right now all supported file systems ( exluding ntfs, fat & hfs+ ) are fully usable for a root partition ( both formating and mounting ). :)

Upgrade is strongly recommended for anyone planning to use btrfs, jfs or xfs for root ( otherwise, no rush ). :)

Updated to the mia8 levels... quite nice, the notify function has greatly improved where there is a notify now on every function. Great job

2 minute 13 second install (2:13)

Once the gcc5 madness clears out and we lose the 125 MiB of baggage that is hanging around it (gcc4, gcc3) I believe I can hit a 1:59 install

I dev VSIDO