TRIOS linstaller questions

VastOne

Quote from: filip on January 30, 2016, 02:57:29 PM

Should be good to go. :)
More details in commit message:
https://gitlab.com/trios-linux/trios-installer/commit/eed7c7a9f86cf1184e25e30cf0f0736da7f57660

Btw, don't tell me that X11 issue comes from the fact that it's compiled with systemd support, which landed in Sid recently ( if I'm not mistaken )?  ???

Great work on getting the changes out so quickly .. I will grab those and test

The X11 / Tint2 issue is related only to VirtualBox... any mass changes to X and there is a few days for the devs to catch up on V-Box environments  .. Not a systemd issue yet

What will you do when X is consumed by systemd?  I see all hell breaking loose if that happens

As RatMan said, triosinfo is a great tool
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

@PackRat... pastebinit is also a requirement in order to pastebin it... (terrible I know)  ???

@Filip... Where should reports be sent?  I have a crash using triosinfo

Works perfectly for  Full System Report but crashes hard when using the Hardware Report from Detailed Report Menu

trinfo-gtk

(trinfo-gtk:30444): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:3922:29: Junk at end of value

(trinfo-gtk:30444): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: unity.css:111:9: 'shade' is not a valid property name
Gtk:ERROR:/build/gtk+3.0-SLiI62/gtk+3.0-3.18.6/./gtk/gtkcssinheritvalue.c:33:gtk_css_value_inherit_free: code should not be reached
Gtk:ERROR:/build/gtk+3.0-SLiI62/gtk

I dev VSIDO

filip

Found and fixed a bug present in testing branch ( I've missed a parentheses in one place, causing partition scaning to hang ).
So as usuall, clone testing --> rebuild the packages. :)

@PackRat:

For the basics, yes ( excluding pastebining, screenshot upload, and Detailed report ).
For a full monty, you need:

scrot fbcat python3-requests inxi xdotool

:)

EDIT:

And "pastebinit", I forgot it. :D Thanks VastOne for reminding. :)

filip

Quote from: VastOne on January 30, 2016, 03:51:30 PM
@PackRat... pastebinit is also a requirement in order to pastebin it... (terrible I know)  ???

@Filip... Where should reports be sent?  I have a crash using triosinfo

Works perfectly for  Full System Report but crashes hard when using the Hardware Report from Detailed Report Menu

trinfo-gtk

(trinfo-gtk:30444): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: gtk-widgets.css:3922:29: Junk at end of value

(trinfo-gtk:30444): Gtk-WARNING **: Theme parsing error: unity.css:111:9: 'shade' is not a valid property name
Gtk:ERROR:/build/gtk+3.0-SLiI62/gtk+3.0-3.18.6/./gtk/gtkcssinheritvalue.c:33:gtk_css_value_inherit_free: code should not be reached
Gtk:ERROR:/build/gtk+3.0-SLiI62/gtk

It's best to open a issue on GitLab ( you need to be registered first ).
Here: https://gitlab.com/trios-linux/trios-info/issues

@Crash:
Either gtk (css) causes it, or it's threading that's misbehaving. I'll look into it. :)
Though one information would help. Does it crash each and every time, or randomly ( if randomly, then it's likelly to be threading issue )?

PackRat

Installed the dependencies; no crashes for either report.

RE - Memory reporting; looks to me like it is reporting the free memory, not the used:

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

filip

Quote from: VastOne on January 30, 2016, 03:33:26 PM

The X11 / Tint2 issue is related only to VirtualBox... any mass changes to X and there is a few days for the devs to catch up on V-Box environments  .. Not a systemd issue yet

What will you do when X is consumed by systemd?  I see all hell breaking loose if that happens

As RatMan said, triosinfo is a great tool

Good   :D :D

@X:
Well, it's unlikelly since it needs to run on BSDs, OpenSolaris/Indiana and such, so sysd will probably remain an optional feature. :)
Besides that it still is a pain for everyone not using systemd, since it forces you to rebuild X packages for your self, and maintain them ( and there is allready a longish list )....

@PackRat:

Ahh, forgot about that. I've spotted it some time ago on Manjaro ( changes in the "free" output layout are the cause ), but forgot to fix it.
Will do in the next couple of days... :)

misko_2083

Quote from: VastOne on January 29, 2016, 09:56:05 PM
^ Fantastic... Let me know when they are there and I can begin the testing.  Also keep in mind I am available at any time for any type of testing your team may need.  I do not know code as well as you all but I can track down issues and troubleshoot as well as anyone... though Misko is incredible and tough to beat!  :)
I was just lucky. :D

@Mr. Spock "Live long and prosper."  ;D

@trinfo-gtk
          @PackRat thank you for reporting @memory info

@Disk info That needs a fix too now it says "200G MB"

@Filip nice @args. Easier to do it in *-base, turning refind part the same way could be usefull

VastOne

Quote from: filip on January 30, 2016, 04:42:57 PM

@Crash:
Either gtk (css) causes it, or it's threading that's misbehaving. I'll look into it. :)
Though one information would help. Does it crash each and every time, or randomly ( if randomly, then it's likelly to be threading issue )?

I did register and submit this as an issue and yes it does happen every single time I run it.. it seems to make it to the very end and crashes

Edit -

I notice the same thing on memory... 

I dev VSIDO

filip

Quote from: PackRat on January 30, 2016, 04:58:02 PM
RE - Memory reporting; looks to me like it is reporting the free memory, not the used:
Quote from: misko_2083 on January 30, 2016, 05:04:19 PM
Quote from: VastOne on January 29, 2016, 09:56:05 PM
^ Fantastic... Let me know when they are there and I can begin the testing.  Also keep in mind I am available at any time for any type of testing your team may need.  I do not know code as well as you all but I can track down issues and troubleshoot as well as anyone... though Misko is incredible and tough to beat!  :)
I was just lucky. :D

@Mr. Spock "Live long and prosper."  ;D

@trinfo-gtk
          @PackRat thank you for reporting @memory info

@Disk info That needs a fix too now it says "200G MB"

@Filip nice @args. Easier to do it in *-base, turning refind part the same way could be usefull
@trinfo
Fixed both RAM & Disk usage. :)
As usual, pull latest version from git.

@refind:
Indeed. I'll see what I can do. :)

Quote from: VastOne on January 30, 2016, 09:43:01 PM
Quote from: filip on January 30, 2016, 04:42:57 PM

@Crash:

I did register and submit this as an issue and yes it does happen every single time I run it.. it seems to make it to the very end and crashes

Edit -

I notice the same thing on memory...

Tnx! :)
Btw, I forgot to mention, you can also report (any) issues on our forums, if you prefer it that way or find it easier over git ( although GitLab makes it a bit easier for us to track them ).

VastOne

I like git...  ;D

Issue is resolved as my flaky gtk theme was the culprit

I dev VSIDO

filip

Quote from: VastOne on January 30, 2016, 10:52:25 PM
I like git...  ;D

@git:
Even better. :)

@themes:

I certanly don't expect you to change theme over trios-info issue itself, however if you do so and given the fact that you seem to like them Dark ones, to maybe ease the search I can recommend two:
Arc
and Vertex

Both are maintained and support gtk 3.18 ( Arc for 3.20 is also being worked on ). :)

VastOne

^ Both of those are good choices, thank you...

They remind me a bit too much of the #! themes and their OpenBox colors.. (I detest OpenBox..)

I like the Dorian themes as they seem to match this web site colors perfectly.. It is a symbiance I have always enjoyed and these themes have never been an issue until today..  :)

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

I like git...  ;D

+ 1000

trinfo and trinfo-git are working as advertised.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Quote from: filip on January 30, 2016, 11:30:33 PM
I like git...  ;D

@git:
Even better. :)

@themes:

I certanly don't expect you to change theme over trios-info issue itself, however if you do so and given the fact that you seem to like them Dark ones, to maybe ease the search I can recommend two:
Arc
and Vertex

Both are maintained and support gtk 3.18 ( Arc for 3.20 is also being worked on ). :)

With the latest git version, I am no longer crashing on the Hardware Report or any report or anywhere ...  ;D

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quote from: VastOne on January 31, 2016, 03:15:08 PM
With the latest git version, I am no longer crashing on the Hardware Report or any report or anywhere ...  ;D

I sometimes get a segmentation fault (say 30% of the time) if I start trinfo-gtk from a terminal (sakura); if I start it from fbrun no issues.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo