Coffee Shop

jmad2011

I like my coffee black no sugar no cream etc.. nothing beats that full flavor kick in the teeth, though i swear my fathers coffee could wake a dead horse and make it gallop for a month 

*waves* Hi long time no see, How do you take your cup? 8)

VastOne

I'll be damned.... Someone I sure as hell hoped would grace us again and has

How the hell are you JMad?  Health good?  Family?

I love coffee, can go without it in a heartbeat though... When I was young I drank it black, now stronger than ever but with 1 pack of sweet n low and one pack of equal, that combo has the most delicious taste in coffee

Welcome back man, welcome back     ;D
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jmad2011

Health is good alittle bit of sciatica(sports when you was good for you they said O and D lineman my football life lots of up down)

the little one is good just turned 4 this past oct

yeah i was away from linux for a bit, I built a gasoline powered cheese-grater to play games finally getting around to dual boot

PackRat

Howdy jmad -

coffee - with two fingers of milk/cream, or black. No sweetners.

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jmad2011

Hey packrat love the cup
how the os going for yall i been using manjaro since return to linux

VastOne

Alive and well.. still updated at least every ten days. Debian still piping out kernel update/releases on a regular basis and my 2 week policy keeps it all flowing well

Underneath VSIDO has had a few changes and the ISO's have grown a bit due to the gcc 5 release and the need to keep its predecessor around until everything shakes out... typical debian turnover on the big stuff

Ian Murdock's death shook us all up and #! retired to no ones surprise around here

All things considered, I'd say I am happy with where we are and how we got here ... and it installs in about 3 minutes so you can do whatever the hell you want and start over again immediately... I'd rank it up there with any rescue disk

PackRat and Jedi may have different opinions...  ???

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

VSIDO is humming along on my desktop providing simple nfs and ftp services with zero issues. Desktop also dual boots with Windows 7 which the wife and oldest need for their work. VastOne has put together a rather awesome spin/blend/distrolette - whatever you wanrt to call it, VSIDO rocks.

The laptop in that photo is currently runnng Void linux. Pretty smooth distro, and the dev on the forum was quick to answer my one and only question to date. Still have to figure out some of it's internals, but so far, pretty solid as well.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Whats the installer in Void?

I dev VSIDO

jmad2011

i used void way back when hehad only made it  to test xmps package manager glad to see it stuck around was pretty solid but lacked packages so was only a quick test run back then i wanna say around 2013ish

PackRat

I think they have their own; it was built from scratch as a systemd only distro, but they quickly switched to runit - I've come across some interesting systemd commentary while reading through the forum threads. It's not a fork of Arch (I get the feeling they are accused of that a lot) although the minimalism of the install and the package manager have a Arch-like feel to them.

Edit - void linux installer on github
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

I tried it out when it first released too, just to see what systemd was all about. It was a bit too minimal to make a good testing distro, so I dropped it for Arch. Good that they stayed around, hopefully it gets some more users. Plenty of up to date packages now.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jmad2011

well the orgianl installer or page stated that it was built to test the package manger
hmm might throw it on my X2 6gb ram , nvidia gt610  machine collecting dust