fbpanel Icon issues & Wallpaper issues

sqlpython

Hi Guys
Still a Debian user full time. Also like as always to work in Gentoo and Slackware.
So, as this forum loves Fluxbox and Openbox and has many users of the same I want to lay these questions at your door.

Hopefully, after much research on my part someone will see a solution where I have not.
I had installed Slackware Openbox (salix) ver 14.1 and have had these issues creep in....
That is to say that when I first installed this version has changed since the initial install 3 weeks ago.
I was able to have desktop shortcut Icon by copy paste from /usr/share/applications/ to /home/sqlpython/desktop
... I would then when copied in Spacefm have a new launcher on my desktop...
..... but no more since an update 4 days ago

I was able to edit /home/sqlpython/.config/fbpanel/default.conf (first making a copy) & then adding plugins with icons.
.... but no more since an update 4 days ago

I was able to change wallpapers with Nitrogen but now only with SpaceFm option..

Tried changing Icons, Themes, Wallpapers. Also edited fbpanel configs &/or restored defaults..
Edited gtkrc to show icons = 1 ..
Reinstalled Nitrogen and SpaceFm.. copied need icons to /usr/share/icons/(proper icon thems)

Best results at this time is to change Wallpaper with SpaceFm and to have generic terminal icons for any item added in Fbpanel config plugins..

Googled, searched forums no luck. I had used fbpanel off and on in 2009,2010 & 2011 with success.
Is it time to go back to Tint2 ???
Any Solutions ?
Stretch, Siduction-15.1,  Slackware 14.1, LMDE, Calculate 15.7

PackRat

I see someone at SalixOs has answered your question.

Looks like you may have had something glitch during your upgrade - not necessarily the packages in question; what packages actually got upgraded?. Might just be your personal configuration. Create a new user and see if the default settings work.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

sqlpython

Good idea!!
I did not think to create a new user.
I will do that and post back.

BTW
Rather then a reboot... after a reinstall of SpaceFM and a complete shutdown my Desktop Icons reappeared ???
Also when looking at /home/sqlpthon/desktop the icons do not appear in Thunar  just generic icons. When viewing the same directory with SpaceFM I can see the appropriate Icons.. I have tried a number of icon themes and the issue prevails throughout icon themes... currently using Mate-Brave.

sqlpython

In the end I did not have to create the user. I learned that simply choosing more compatible icons they would appear in the fbpanel and the Desktop. Apparently not all icons will appear in the fbpanel nor the desktop. Never seemed to have that issue with tint2.