The Cloud

jedi

Hey fellow VSIDO'ans!

I've recently dropped Dropbox.  (no pun intended)  MEGAsync which was founded by the now infamous Kim Dotcom? chucklehead, which he is no longer a part of, has a staggering 50Gb free plan with a 10Gb per month bandwidth allotment.  For me on a personal computing level, this is serious overkill.  I'm not complaining.  Dropbox was getting more and more inconsistent.  Files missing, uploads interrupted, etc.  So far with Mega, no issues whatsoever.  It syncs all my selected folders/files in the background and does so quickly and efficiently.  You can even specify on the Cloud where each file will be synced to.  All in all, a really good service considering it is free!

I've always tried to keep current bu's, but on occasion I've lost my share of data.  My current setup allows me to now do all my testing on VSIDO and be secure in the knowledge that all my configs will always be there for me to grab when needed.  Though I must confess here, VSIDO needs less and less testing as time goes by.  The last ISO's (which certainly came out perfectly as per usual with VastOne's dedication) allowed me to test my new method and I'm totally satisfied.  Install VSIDO, which usually takes less than 5 minutes anyway, then at my leisure, apt-get my way back to my needed apps, then start up Megasync and sit back and grin!

Their security is really top notch as well.  For that alone, worth looking at if your looking for some free off-site storage...

I highly recommend it!  Here's the link; MEGA  Enjoy your free space in the Cloud!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

zephyr

@jedi: Appreciate the tip on MEGA, used Dropbox very little and was good occasionally for larger file sharing. Mega does offer a lot more and easy to start a free account. Thanks - Z
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

VastOne

Thanks Jedi, I have started a MEGA Cloud account now... I have not used DropBox since all the failures on the original script version of VSIDO that originated over on #!

I have and still use the 15 gig free from Google and that has done me quite well but I anticipate moving it over to MEGA

Good write up also!

V
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hakerdefo

And you can also use Mega right from the comfort of your terminal. How? It's easy! Open terminal and do,

sudo apt-get install megatools

Then watch the following video and you'll be on your way  ;)

You Can't Always Git What You Want

Snap

Thanks so much, hackerdefo.

zephyr

^  +1 Excellent info, thanx- Z
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

jedi

@hakerdefoe, thanks for that!!!  mega seems to so far be a pretty impressive service considering it is free!!!   8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous