January 2016 Screenshot Thread

VastOne

^ Set one up in the VSIDO changes area... be a great place to bookmark configs and such
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Did I say 3:11... oops, I meant

3:05

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

@jedi - thanks

there are threads for conky, tint2, and compton in the Scripts and HowTo section.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

@jedi: I'm borrowing it. I'll call it compton heavy if you don't mind.  8)

This is another cool and excessive one I've borrowed from brontosaurusrex. It's called "a lot of compton" (Named by him).

compton -cCG --paint-on-overlay -o 0.9 -r 30 -l -9 -t -9 -i 0.8 -e 0.75 -m 0.9

jedi

This is my dual core centrino Thinkpad T400 with 8Gb's of RAM and a 256Gb Liteonit SSD drive.  (a $150.00 dollar US purchase off of ebay!)  Had been playing with Arch and awesomewm.  One thing that seriously has impressed me is that the Xsession-errors file is only 65Kb.  That is after 90+ days of uptime.  Just using it as a regular daily user, i.e. checking email (icedove) browsing (Chrome) editing configs (medit, and ok, yes a little playing with Vim) GMusicBrowser,  Mpd+Ncmpcpp, using Zsh for the shell and urxvt-unicode for terminal.  LibreOffice.  Also has luakit and mutt configured.  Scrot from Jan 2nd.  Still up and running...

As you can see from the pacman widget at the top I need to do a 'pacman -Syu'...

This will shortly become, once again, my main VSIDO test box!  8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Been too long since Ms. Beckinsale has graced our forum -

Fvwm + xmobar

Edit -

Void linux is a solid distro but it wasn't playing well with the intel graphics on my HP, so back to familiar territory -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ WOW @ kate    :P

and too bad about Void

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Void linux is solid - they're going to be around a while. If anyone is looking for a minimal distro with a good selection of packages I recommend Void (more so than Arch even). Their package system is git based, if you're the type that likes to customize/contribute they have a system n place to clone their github so you can become a developer/contributor. The main devs appear to be pretty cool.

pretty much set up now -

the wall is from vlad studio.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

misko_2083

Trios-info is a based on archey. I made a GTK version. :)

PackRat

^ share the wall please.

trios mia looks like an interesting distro; you helping to develop it?

ripping some cd's while it snows:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Tweaking on Compton a bit.  I've got my lappy so well tuned, I'm having a hard time getting myself to rebuild it.  I did go so far as to dl the new ISO's and they do boot fine on metal and in a VM!

the compton.conf is posted in the thread for compton configs here
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

^ What about another partition?   ::)

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Got a nice surprise from misko_2083 with this wallpaper on the VSIDO IRC

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Attached is the misko image

I dev VSIDO