Cannot group Libreoffice Writer windows [SOLVED]

Snap

No luck. Deleted all libreoffice entries in apps and switched the command in keys to Exec=libreoffice --writer. Then using the Remember option still adds:

[app] (name=libreoffice) (class=LibreOffice 5.1)

I'm really stuck here... I don't care is spreadsheets doesn't group at all, but I don't want them grouped with the writer windows. I want different sizes for both types of documents. This is annoying.

PackRat

Have you always installed libreoffice from apt?

If you have ever installed from the libreoffice.org deb files (maybe a long time ago), check that you don't have two versions installed and the symlinks are all good.

Results from using the window menu, new user:

[app] (name=libreoffice) (class=libreoffice-writer)
  [Position] (UPPERLEFT) {6% 7%}
  [Shaded] {no}
  [Deco] {NORMAL}
  [Sticky] {no}
  [Minimized] {no}
  [Maximized] {yes}
  [Fullscreen] {no}
  [Layer] {8}
  [Alpha] {255}
[end]
[app] (name=libreoffice) (class=libreoffice-calc)
  [Shaded] {no}
  [Deco] {NORMAL}
  [Sticky] {no}
  [Minimized] {no}
  [Maximized] {yes}
  [Fullscreen] {no}
  [Layer] {8}
  [Alpha] {255}
[end]
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

If you manually edit the class name, does it revert back to LibreOffice 5.1?
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

Yes, I installed it from the repos with apt. I've Never used the libre office sources.

QuoteIf you manually edit the class name, does it revert back to LibreOffice 5.1?

Nope. It remains the same, Only grouping stops working unless I change the class to LibreOffice 5.1 again. That's weird. Will try a new user just in case. Thanks for all the support, PackRat.

PackRat

There is an upgrade for LibreOffice today (7 March).

Something else you could try, although a bit drastic, would be to purge LibreOffice (with the --remove option if you use the command line) and then do a reinstall.

I did clean installs on both my systems since you started thread and got the recent LibreOffice; maybe you have some configuration file persisting through the upgrades that's messing this up for you.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

I noticed the new update today while distro-upgrading a few minutes ago. Will check how it behaves. I have some old configs for sure. Maybe it's that the issue. A fresh re-isntall might help. Thanks so much for you constant help, PackRat.

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo