Class=user
Active=yes
State=active
IdleHint=no
IdleSinceHint=0
IdleSinceHintMonotonic=0
paco@vsido:~$ ck-list-sessions
paco@vsido:~$

dbus should be automatically launched by systemd but it cannot access to dbus. Perhaps consolekit is still in the way trying to handle dbus. I guess I should purge consolekit at this point. These two things are now redundant so I guess non compatible.

Snap

Purged consolekit. No difference. Reinstalled systemd and dbus. No difference. Dbus is running but I cannot do anything systemd/dbus related, like shutting down or enabling/disabling processes/units. My user is not allowed to do anything like that... It seems that the old configuration intended for consolekit still persists, so systemd is still not carrying those tasks originally configured to be performed by consolekit... Oh, well. I think I've already wasted to much time with this. I give up. I have much better things to do. Will reinstall Vsido one of this days.

zephyr

@PackRat:  Thanks for the vsido-exit with the window manager agnostic script, it worked and quite well. I had a lot of issues going on and the lightdm was not a part of the problem at all. But the script did the job. Also went ahead and used smxi to upgrade kernel to 4.2.0 and all looks good.   Do appreciate you taking the time to help us out.  Thank you.:)

VastOne now has a Oct01 release, and will be looking at that next.

Cheers
zephyr

CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

Snap

IMHO, lightdm is not the problem. It's the dbus update and systemd trying to replace consolekit but not doing it completely. This half-way process is the cause of the issues we had/have. Vsido was conceived before systemd replaced sysvinit in Debian and using consolekik was then the way to go. Currently it's redundant since systemd-logind has fully replaced consolekit. IMHO, it should be removed from Vsido to avoid these kind of conflicts.

Yep, it's great there's new releases again. They came right on time for me.   8) Vsido is not my main system by I love having it around. It's a reference and a proof of concept. I really don't know why I eneded up with a system put together on top of BBQ's Bork. My original intention was going whith antiX and stable, but... Here I am on BBQ and Sid though built with an eye put on Vsido. I'm running with sysvinit for now so I have consolekit.

ostrolek

Just change #!/usr/bin/env python to #!/usr/bin/env python2 in vsido-exit

Snap

python? is this issue related with python?  ???

Aaah, Now I see what you mean, the exit. The problem was wider than that. Systemd and dbus didn't played together. Anyway. i don't have that system anymore. I deleted the VM and only keep two Vsidos. A fully customized one I managed to keep going right and a fresh rather vanilla new install, well, a week old.

I keep saying the same. if systemd/logind is in, consolekit shouldn't be present.