Time to ride -

PackRat

The seasons are starting to change here (SE USA) and we are moving into Indian Summer - hopefully the days of 90+ degrees F (32 C) and 80%+ humidity with scattered thunder showers are done for a few months.

Got the bicycles all tuned up and went for a cruise through our neighborhood to make sure everything is working properly - felt good.

Goal for the fall is teaching the youngest to ride a bike.

I know vastone rides, anyone else ride a [motor] bike for fun or exercise?
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

If you mean motor bike, this is what I drive not (only) for fun but also as my main and only mode of commuting within 100 KM range.

You Can't Always Git What You Want

PackRat

That's what I meant - motor bike or bicycle.

Some colorful graffiti on that wall.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

Quote from: PackRat on September 14, 2015, 02:14:47 PM

... Some colorful graffiti on that wall.

Oh, that photo is from an advert. Here is my real bike in all it's glory,

VastOne

Very nice thread RatMan...

I love to ride... I have an older (90-94) Canondale RS800 that is so fecking awesome... I can actually increase and maintain speeds going up hills, it is a one of a kind bike

I have been riding 100 miles per week religiously but recently had a close encounter from an As*(((KK&** in a truck that scared me pretty bad

I will get back on it but am enjoying a refreshing change to walks and more running

Cool ride hakerdefo! And thanks for helping to save the planet!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hakerdefo

How about riding your bicycle down the 200 feet high dam when you are getting a bit bored? Of-course don't try this at home or dam ;)

PackRat

^ I am way to old for that shit  :D

had this bike going on 20 years now -

finally sold my road 10-speed last year; got that when I was 18 and a freshman at Oregon State.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

I had a pretty bad spill tonight...

I ride on 700x25cm tires (less than an inch thick)... was not paying attention to a split in the pavement and my front wheel caught it as I rode into it on a straight line.. This is not good.  I went down hard on my left side with my left elbow and left upper thigh taking the brunt of the fall

Was only going 10 mph at the time just coming off a turn so nothing broken but I am skinned up pretty good...

These old bones seem to be doing me well... softball last night I took a spill on a play that skinned up my right knee

Walking wounded now but will get on both horses tomorrow...

Edit - For those who demand an image (or it did not happen)

What that does not show was the mass swelling I had an hour or so later... a major hematoma ...

Fun stuff

I dev VSIDO

jedi

:( Yowza!  :'(  That's gonna leave a mark!  Hope it heals quick...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

hakerdefo

@VastOne That looks nasty but hopefully a fortnight later it would only be a memory. When it comes to spills and crashes, I almost missed a semester when I was studying engineering because of a bicycle crash. Injuries were so bad that my doctor and friends refused to believe that it was from a bicycle crash!
@PackRat That's a nice bicycle.
By the way how much does an average bicycle cost in US?

PackRat

@hackerdefo - a reliable, durable bicycle starts at about $120 US at the local sporting goods store.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

I got her to pedal her bike to the end of the street yesterday, but my youngest definitely prefers 4 wheels to 2:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Epic picture... very nice RatMan

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

An update on my spill and banged up arm... I never knew the meaning of a bruised bone, always thought it was a line of bullshit

4 months later and I can still feel the bruise on that bone... It's all good, but slow healing and one I take very seriously now

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I rode 30 miles today... temperature was 44 and I was bundled quite nicely

Felt like it was 60...

I felt 20

8)

I dev VSIDO