August 2015 Screenshot Thread

jedi

Chose a different method for compiling the new Kernel.  Not sure I like this way.  Will try a couple more times and if it gets better I'll update the doc I attached in the 'How To' thread...

And a little more clutter...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

Snap

Great background. I would use it. The uncluttered version is already too cluttered for me,   :P but I like it anyway. Nice desktop, jedi.

Snap

Quote from: PackRat on August 24, 2015, 12:46:39 PM
I used FreeBSD a while back - version 9.0 - had it up and running as a file server before borking X.

Back to VSIDO now, FreeBSD was running well on that computer except for idling at low-50's C and ramping up to upper 60's as soon as I opened an app. HP laptops have an issue with heat to begin with, so not entirely FreeBSD issue; Ubuntu and derivatives also run hot, but not plain Debian.

I'll probably try it again on the old desktop that was running BSD before; maybe NetBSD though.

scrot or it didn't happen -

sinfo is a kind of inxi? I love inxi -zv7

jedi

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Quote from: Snap on August 26, 2015, 08:21:57 PM
sinfo is a kind of inxi? I love inxi -zv7

inxi -SCPIW <your postal code>

@jedi - thanks for the wall.

drive by posting -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

Thanks, jedi. Downloaded.  8)

@ PackRat: That inxi command seems to work for the US only...

PS, I'm in the process of fully reorganizing my Fluxbox menu. Will post when done... though will look as dark as always with my tar-owl merged theme. Perhaps I should explore some forgotten themes in my stash, but I have a tendency to get back home.  :D

PackRat

I thought inxi did non-US weather; just drop the W then for the system info.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo