VSIDO Controls > VSIDO Changes

VSIDO Changes Area

(1/5) > >>

VastOne:
This area will now be for changed and discussions for VSIDO changes.

We will park any and all script and design changes here, once any changes have made it to here they will be included on the next ISO release

PackRat:
Is lvm2 (logical volume management) installed by default with VSIDO, or is in the post install script?

Either way would be a nice addition.

Also, did an install of the latest iso and noticed that curl and rsync were in the post install script. I thought those were already added to default install so it is redundant (and misleading) to be in the script.

PackRat:
A couple of scripts for consideration -

ps_mem - handy script for identifying memory usage; also good to get the name of running services for systemd stop/restart.

bash_mount - bash script for mounting devices. Mounts devices rw, very useful especially if you're not using a login manager that provides automounting.

VastOne:

--- Quote from: PackRat on July 28, 2015, 02:28:01 PM ---Is lvm2 (logical volume management) installed by default with VSIDO, or is in the post install script?

Either way would be a nice addition.

Also, did an install of the latest iso and noticed that curl and rsync were in the post install script. I thought those were already added to default install so it is redundant (and misleading) to be in the script.

--- End quote ---

All three are defaults now in VSIDO.  RE the post install vsido-welcome script.  I am in the process now of revamping that to a more current needed apps list and will look for feedback on what to include in another post in this sub forum.  I am also entertaining the idea of making it a yad or python script (with assistance here from all but will especially ping  misko_2083 and hakerdefo)

--- Quote from: PackRat on July 28, 2015, 02:33:01 PM ---A couple of scripts for consideration -

ps_mem - handy script for identifying memory usage; also good to get the name of running services for systemd stop/restart.

bash_mount - bash script for mounting devices. Mounts devices rw, very useful especially if you're not using a login manager that provides automounting.

--- End quote ---

These are great suggestions... Would you set these up as aliases as the best way to use them? (after locating them in /usr/local/bin)

PackRat:
I just installed them to /usr/local/bin as per the INSTALL instructions.

ps_mem needs to be run as root.

The commands are easy enough to remember, I usually reserve aliases for commands with switches/flags - like "apt-get purge --remove".

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version