Guinea Pig checking in :P

Xtreme

Wow thanks for the warm reception :)

Yes I am on an AMD quad core box.  Been a real busy guinea pig today, smxi'd it up and got the newest liquorix kernel today and current nvidia driver, yay!  Have not broke anything yet. fingers crossed

Then I got distracted with conky config :P Going to post a screenshot now.

P.S. whats amd-microcode??? Do i need it?

jst_joe

Quote from: dizzie on January 25, 2013, 02:51:44 AM
AMD is the best!  :-*

But yeah not much love for our CPU's, there is a small fix though. Its called amd-microcode (or somthing like that) Its almost 4am here, dont expect me to remember much!

Yep amd64-microcode, I also found that adding nolapic_timer to (GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet splash nolapic_timer").
Helped prevent the system freezing randomly until there was mouse or keyboard input.
It just seems (on my box anyway) Liquorix doesn't play nice on a fresh install.
I do love AMD though, best bang for the buck!  :)
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.

VastOne

What's hilarious about all of this is all I have and use is AMD quad4's and is exactly what I built all of the ISO's on

???  :'(
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Xtreme

Quote from: VastOne on January 25, 2013, 03:30:28 AM
What's hilarious about all of this is all I have and use is AMD quad4's and is exactly what I built all of the ISO's on

HAHA, don't worry about it.  More than likely it is just me, I can break anything if left unsupervised :P

jst_joe

Quote from: VastOne on January 25, 2013, 03:30:28 AM

I think it's the fact that I have a HighPoint Rocket 620A SATA card in my box also.
If I have a HDD in my backplane drive bay that's connected to that card it tries to boot from there.  ::)
VSIDO

Sector11

@ VastOne

Trade you an AMD triple core for a quad core.   ;)

CPU:       Triple core AMD Athlon II X3 450 (-MCP-) cache: 1536 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4a svm)
           Clock Speeds: 1: 3214.616 MHz 2: 3214.616 MHz 3: 3214.616 MHz
Stay Home

dizzie

Never been happier since i dumped intel for AMD

Best CPU so far is my X2 560 BE (which very nicely because its a BE unlocks to a X4 560, and 3.3 OC nicely to 3.6 or 3.9. Best $100 i have ever had :) (in 2009)

And now i am waiting for payday so i can replace it with a  AMD FX-6300 - 3.5 (6 cores, 3.5 GHz)  8)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

dizzie

Quote from: jst_joe on January 25, 2013, 03:39:19 AM
I think it's the fact that I have a HighPoint Rocket 620A SATA card in my box also.
If I have a HDD in my backplane drive bay that's connected to that card it tries to boot from there.  ::)

Thats a bios/bootdevice- issues, i had that ages ago when i had a CF card sitting in the cardreader LMAO  :D

jst_joe

Quote from: dizzie on January 25, 2013, 02:34:43 PM
Quote from: jst_joe on January 25, 2013, 03:39:19 AM

Thats a bios/bootdevice- issues, i had that ages ago when i had a CF card sitting in the cardreader LMAO  :D

Thanks dizzie I'll recheck my bios settings.
As it stands I only use that one bay for data recovery off of other peoples HDDs the other port runs to an eSATA on my front panel.
VSIDO

dizzie

My X2 560 BE is now a X4 560 BE, from 3.3 to 3.6 GHz too, i love my coreunlocker on my mainboard :)

Digit

*bows before Xtreme*

we're not worthy!  we're not worthy!   

;D  hehehehe.

welcome.  :)

(lol @ peeps trying to reasure Xtreme about the learning curve...  do u guys not realise who that is?)  ;)

Sector11

Stay Home

Digit

lol, i dont rly know either, i'm just presuming it's the same xtreme as i encouraged all those years ago to make an arch-based crunchbang-alike distro.  ^_^

dizzie

no, Willensky aka Will X treme, has left the scene (family, kids, work, etc et) "Mr Green" is the lead dev on "ArchBang"

Xtreme

Quote from: Digit on January 26, 2013, 07:57:26 AM
*bows before Xtreme*

we're not worthy!  we're not worthy!   

;D  hehehehe.

welcome.  :)

(lol @ peeps trying to reasure Xtreme about the learning curve...  do u guys not realise who that is?)  ;)

Yeah wrong guy :( but I guess I know how to pick a forum handle :)