• Added hakerdefo's pmytd as a default app and as the muz alias
  • Updated all applications to the latest SID levels

All files and torrents can be downloaded from the VSIDO Download page
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Thanks.

QuoteAdded hakerdefo's pmytd as a default app and as the muz alias

For anyone looking for the hackerdefo's script...

http://vsido.org/index.php?topic=984.msg11105#msg11105

hakerdefo

@VastOne It's an honour! Thanks!
@Snap Thanks for linking the script!
Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

PackRat

downloaded; will check it out after I attempt to fix my plumbing.

Both the 32-bit and 64-bit iso's boot to live session without issue, and I can set up wicd for a wireless connection no problems.

pmytd works fine (see the new screenshots) but I did notice one thing. The default directory name in the VSIDO live session is "downloads", but the script is hard wired for "Downloads". I haven't read the script to see if it restricted to upper case or not, or if installing to a drive or vmware creates "Downloads".

I just created a synlink in the live session to check the script.

Edit - looks like the script creates the directory if it doesn't exist.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Snap

QuoteThe default directory name in the VSIDO live session is "downloads", but the script is hard wired for "Downloads"

I noticed that too. Had to edit the script. "Find and replace" did it. Anyway, though I love having my home directories in lower case as I used to. Debian has changed it for uppercase causing that mess in many distros, not only Vsido. Why aren't we stucking to the Debian standards here? We can always be rebels and resist the winds of change, but...

hakerdefo

@PackRat @Snap Yes guys pmytd is hardwired to download to 'Downloads' directory.  Most Linux distributions create 'Downloads' directory under '/home/$USER'.  That's why most Linux browsers will choose '~/Downloads' as default download location. You can get the default download directory by running the following command in terminal,

xdg-user-dir DOWNLOAD

freedesktop.org's standards for XDG Base Directory Specification cover this topic. You can read it here,

XDG Base Directory Specification

Cheers!!!

hakerdefo

I've made one important and some minor cosmetic changes to pmytd. Please update pmytd to this newer version. Here is the link,

Poor Man's Youtube Downloader

Cheers!!!

Snap

Thanks. Editing.