July 2015 Screenshot Thread

PackRat

Quote from: VastOne on July 23, 2015, 03:11:39 AM
I really like sakura... using it exclusively now, VSIDO's default compton handles all of the opacity fine

I see it as a replacement for xfce-terminal

I care not for the drop-down capabilities, is that really a deal killer on terminals?

Not for me; I tried using a drop down terminal a couple times, never really took to it. Some people just love that capability, though.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

dizzie

Looks nice, I just.... can't move away from urxvt, I tried... many times
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

PackRat

^ I know that feeling. I'm still using urxvt with spectrwm and i3; although, I seldom use it tabbed.

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

dizzie

PackRat

star-livinia jwm version; live session -

Cleaning up some harddrives; very smooth build, all my hardware recognized OOTB, and a nice set of default apps for jwm - except there doesn't seem to be a text editor. Otherwise, well done ozi.

Edit - text editor is leafpad; get that in the menu ozi.

Edit - 02 - the install is really smooth

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

ozitraveller

Thanks PackRat! :)

Really appreciate you comments!

Ozi!

PackRat

^ re-installed with the Xfce version. An excellent build of xfce debian.

Star linux, xfce, lvm -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

hudson

my setup is really stripped down...

the photo is by a famous Japanese photographer Takuma Nakahira, a contemporary of Daidō Moriyama. One thing to note is that I tried to set the image to the "visual center" which is slightly higher than center ;-)

For the gradients I used orangered4 - orangered3 and grey20 - grey15...I tried to use X colors as much as possible.

jedi

Cinnamon Sid!   8)  Wow, finally got it totally configured.   ???  Back in the 'old days' I'll admit to liking  Gnome2.  Cinnamon is a real close replica!  So yes, still VSIDO, just with Cinnamon 2.6.13.  Installed through Synaptic and it went much smoother!  Today was fun again!

@hudson, great scrot and welcome to VSIDO!  We're really glad to have you.  Love the picture!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

hudson

Hi Jedi and thanks for the welcome. That's really, really nice...I don't even try to do something so great. I like Cinnamon's whole start button setup for easy access to applications. I used Gnome 2 when I first started with Ubuntu years ago...it used to do a full text index of all my files once a week and slow everything down to a crawl! Or, maybe that was Ubuntu's fault.

PackRat

@hudson -

what is the pager you're using?
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

dizzie

Yo!

i3 - rxvt - htop - bsdinfo - conky(?)

hudson

@PackRat

bbpager...actually, I wanted to find out suggestions on pagers. bbpager is OK, but the version in the repos doesn't seem to support transparency. To get it to work, I installed wmctrl and put the following two lines in my startup file before exec fluxbox

(sleep 1s && bbpager) &
(sleep 2s && wmctrl -r bbpager -b add,below) &

VastOne

PackRat and hudson and everyone else who gives a damn...

VSIDO = FluxBox but it has been the same forever, just a cover of glossy things I like

I suggest we take the covers off of FluxBox and see what we can do to make VSIDO and FluxBox rock in different ways

What say you?

RatMan, I am honored for your gifts and kinship. For years now you have done VSIDO and this community a great service I am damned proud of
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hudson

@VastOne

well...I'm down...that's why I'm here...to have a little fun and contribute something.