June 2015 Screenshot Thread

PackRat

VSIDO + fluxbox = win

Direct link

using cdw to burn iso.

Be nice and remember to use thumbnails for your screenshots.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Got bored. VSIDO is just too stable.............. so I installed Gnome3........... Muahahahahah

Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

@lwfitz - good old gnome. How is it on resources these days? Seems to be popular lately; new release I suspect.

Got the ftp server running so now I can file share with any computer in the house - vsftp on the server, filezilla running on the client:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Wow!  Last months screenshots thread had over 5000 views...

For June.  VSIDO + Fluxbox

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Set up networking on both computers so that systemd-networkd is controlling everything. Saves on some memory and works just fine. Apparently has some limitations for larger complex networks (some good posts on slackware forums if anyone is curious) :

Edit - systemd-networkd was reporting some errors at boot time (but networking appeared to be working fine) so moved back to using /etc/network/interfaces file or wicd.

Revisiting a fluxbox configuration. All windows maximized, window decorations limited to: tabs, titlebar, border, grip, handle, and app grouping. Using the ~/.fluxbox/apps file for special cases like xcalc, xclock etc ... where maximized is pointless:

theme is a slightly modified centurion red from tenr.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Having to post from the family laptop -

because after 15 years of reliable service dual booting Windows 2000/XP/7 and Fedora/Slackware/Debian/VSIDO -

Adios amigo; at least it gave me some warning so I could back up the data yesterday.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

zbreaker

My condolences on your loss PackRat. Wow...15 years! That's a pretty good run for a box 8)

jedi

Sounds like you've lost an old and reliable box PackRat!  Sorry to hear that.   :'(
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Wow, a loss of a long time companion...

I am sorry to see it go RatMan

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Yep, dropping by the computer store to see if he has a CPU Socket 939 on the cheap, and/or order another custom build. Too many distractions and no safe place to build my own again.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

zephyr

@PackRat: Bad news on the PC, been there a couple of times and troubleshot back to working. But, after about 10 years on my old, I threw in the towel and built myself a much faster and modern PC, now it is the hard drives that are not as good as they were before. If it is the TV, oh well. But the PC?!  I feel for you. -zephyr

CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

jedi

Simple VSIDO!  Conky, who needs it?

Clean:

Fluxbox Menu:
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

^ Now that is gorgeous... Nice!

8)

I dev VSIDO

jedi

I forgot to show off that "Black and Blue" gtk theme again!  I lub it!!!

Forum Netiquette