Poor Man's Youtube Downloader

VastOne

^ that did correct it hakerdefo and it is now working, but it is interesting that I just got the latest youtube-dl update in sid and it is already behind

Thanks
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

a

Nice script, I did think that you might not want to wait for the extra step of choosing quality(format) every time so I put an an extra menu item called default format so that It just downloads at format choice 18 for me without having to wait and choose, maybe you could add something like that in your script.

hakerdefo

Thanks for the idea!
I think I'll implement that!
By the way I have almost finished a GUI version of the script. Will post it here once it's ready!
Thanks again! Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

a

sounds great will save me the bother , lol as I was going to adapt it to work with zenity or yad

hakerdefo

Quote from: a on June 11, 2016, 05:49:03 PM
sounds great will save me the bother , lol as I was going to adapt it to work with zenity or yad
A few real life events kept me from completing the GUI version! Will let you know once it is ready, which should be soon, hopefully ;)
Cheers!!!

a

Hey that's fine whenever,
here is a thread about a script that uses yad for the gui you could get idea from?
Script-thread

Snap

I always have the hackerdefo's pmytd script around, but most of the times I just want the 22 format, so I have a fully stripped down version to go on the fly without choices or questions. I call it yt22. When I want something different than that  I go full pmytd instead.

#!/bin/bash

printf "%s\n" "" "Enter the youtube video link" ""
read link
youtube-dl -f 22 --output "/home/$USER/Downloads/%(title)s.%(ext)s" "$link"
exit 0

In fact I don't use it as a script anymore. I made it a bash function so no in-between steps. Even faster. Just  typing yt22 paste-your-link-here

a

Thanks Snap, I will use your version too and make a bash function from it.
I was using a changed version of hackerdefo's pmytd script, just with an extra "Default-Download" choice.

misko_2083

I knew someone asked somewhere about youtube-dl script. I just couldn't remember in which community.  :D
So here we are. I've played with yad and youtube-dl and I came up with this script and debianized it: yt-get
Supports both lists and videos, you can select a format to download for a single video or download multiple videos/lists with the second dialogue.
Have fun.  ;)

VastOne

Hey Misko... downloaded and installed and after updating youtube-dl all is working as advertised... I love the multiple gui options and the ease to switch between them

Well done!

I recommend you start a new thread with this excellent tool
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zephyr

misko: super awesome addition to youtube-dl and works as advertised, as VastOne pointed out... nice to be able to switch over for multiple downloads.

Thanx!

cheers to all! : )

Z
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

misko_2083

Quote from: VastOne on August 27, 2016, 03:01:11 AM
Hey Misko... downloaded and installed and after updating youtube-dl all is working as advertised... I love the multiple gui options and the ease to switch between them

Well done!

I recommend you start a new thread with this excellent tool
Thank you. I've started a new thread > youtube-dl wrapper
Quote from: zephyr on August 27, 2016, 10:33:07 PM
misko: super awesome addition to youtube-dl and works as advertised, as VastOne pointed out... nice to be able to switch over for multiple downloads.

Thanx!

cheers to all! : )

Z
Cheers Z
I'm glad it works  ;)

hakerdefo

Good work misko  8)

In the meantime I've update pmytd (Poor Man's Youtube Downloader),

You can always view-track changes and updates made to pmytd at the top of this thread,

Poor Man's Youtube Downloader

Cheers!!!

jedi

@hakerdefoe

your scripts just rule!  they are just the greatest...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous