Brother Printer mfc-j6520dw

Gordon

Hi PackRat

Sorry for the apparent delay in replying. I did post a reply but have just notice that for some reason or other that it has not posted it. Anyway I did use synaptic to check to see if it was there, and it was, but never the less I reinstalled it several time just to be sure. I also clicked on the fix broken packages bit but nothing seem to happen, again I did it several times.

I have been looking in all the cups bits to see if I could find out where it says how to connect to the port ( USB ) so that I could possibly alter it but cant find it and I can't open lpdamin ( Probably a good thing knowing me ). Do you have any ideas where the Port selection is located so I can have a go at that ?
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

PackRat

Ussually the Add Printer ootion in the cups interface will list the printers. But you can"t access it for some reason. You can try reading the cups man page, or the actual cups site to see if there are some line commands you can use.

Did you post that you cannot access the printer from Windows 8 either? If so, you may have something misconfigured in the printer itself. If possible, you may want- need- to reset to factory defaults. Once that is done, see if Windows can find/install the printer without using any setup disc. You can try with Vsido, but if cups is broken as well it will be a no go
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi All.

Thanks for all your help with this problem but in the end it was down to me, I hadn't connected the wireless gismo to the computer, I thought that it would simply use the router  :-[ still got there in the end  :D
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO