March17, 2015 Vsido Iso

zephyr

VastOne, jedi, and the .org has put together to what I believe the best VSIDO distro yet. For what ever reason, faster, and absolutely no lag or pause in the install, really an excellent release, it keeps getting better each and every time. I keep a list of my personal  apps now, copy and paste in the terminal, I'm basically done.   I'm very pleased, VSIDO fluxbox is the finest  OS anyone could want or expect form a distro. I have absolutely no clue what is involved from one release to the next, but conceive that it is a painstaking task. All I can say is thank you greatly. Jedi, I do appreciate the download hosting, about 1.5 MB per second. fast also. -zephyr
CROWZ / STAR / Devuan / refracta / VSIDO

VastOne

^ Great feedback zephyr...

What is your 'list of personal apps'?

Curious as to what could or should be added... I am always listening for feedback on apps to use in VSIDO
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

zephyr

@VastOne: I could write words or speak of this awesome distro, and yet never get close to a true description. It is quite a compliment or even an honor that you ask me what I might like added, and honestly it is a list. I think all of us has a set of default apps we use to do many things. Being slow on the uptake I just recently realized I could just make a list, and copy and paste into the terminal, make sense that I store my custom menu from one install to the next and why not all my apps. This is the smallest distro download I have on my computer, but yet it is by far the most sophisticated, it just works as advertised.  I still run a default desktop, never have found a better look for VSIDO. Awesome right out of the box. VastOne, I'm good. Lets keep the distro without any bloat. Thank you - zephyr

zephyr

@VastOne: Re-read the suggestion of the app list. You are also asking for help improving the distro. I use mostly all that you have on VSIDO. I do however have a large CD collection, and sound-juicer is an excellent way of installing to hard drive, simple app for doing just that. I do enjoy radiotray, simple with little configuring. Smplayer2 is my choice for video. I also have kodi.  A disk usage analyzer called baobab, nice tree like color graphical layout of system files and folders.  I like audacious, audio player of choice, but exaile suffices when I need a change of scenery. Camera.app for downloading digital images from my digital camera. I also have light-locker to go along with lighdm, it locks the screen and requires password to enable. Guake, a change of scenery too, xfce4-terminal is default for me. Deluge is far the easiest torrent file download app. Qupzilla for an easy browser, just simple. Haven't used it yet, but hexchat maybe the replacement for xchat, not sure. Viewnior  is a good image viewer.  For pdf files, I use xpdf.  Actually, you have about 80% of my apps as default on VSIDO, maybe that is why I like it so much.  Hope this helps - zephyr