December 2014 Screenshots

jedi

Fluxbox Love!  Just no getting around it.  Once you realize all it can do, hard to switch for long to anything else...

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

Change for change sake...
Not so cluttered and crowded

Dropdown terminal like it should be!  Thanks for the 'apps' tip PackRat!  (instead of just using the "CENTER" tag, I added "TOPCENTER" and voila!)

sfetch;

my normal terminal, with the addition of the 'figlet' app...

And finally, a shot of a 'clean' (fine, fine, semi-clean!) desktop!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Quote from: jedi on December 06, 2014, 07:10:10 PM
Fluxbox Love!  Just no getting around it.  Once you realize all it can do, hard to switch for long to anything else...

So true. I was a dedicated fvwm user then tried fluxbox to experiment with the tabbed windows. Go back to fvwm for about a week; then right back to fluxbox.

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Changed around the conkyForecast a little bit.

Forum Netiquette

Snap

QuoteDropdown terminal like it should be!  Thanks for the 'apps' tip PackRat!  (instead of just using the "CENTER" tag, I added "TOPCENTER" and voila!)

You are correct, sir!

zbreaker

Quote from: jedi on December 07, 2014, 01:57:34 AM
Changed around the conkyForecast a little bit.

Wow....heatwave coming in to ya on Tuesday :D

PackRat

Nothing spectacular - fvwm:

Came across an interesting app though - xcal. Never heard of it before today, but wanted to find an app to display the date that could be swallowed by FvwmButtons into the panel. Found xcal in the repos; nice little app that is an interactive calendar with an internal notepad and can be set up with alarms. Left click on the calendar pops up the month long calender. Mouse click on the little box on the left brings up the memo pad.

Kind of handy, no dependencies that aren't already installed.

edit - modified the clock to be digital, fixed my weather (fuck) conky -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Nothing spectacular?  Are ye mad lad?

Nice find on the xcal... I had seen it a long time ago in some conky fanatics setup
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

Snap

Xcal is that tall thing at the left? Fugly! But seems interesting. Will give it a go. Thanks.

PackRat

The tall thing at left is the panel I built with FvwmButtons - its FvwmPager, launcher buttons, FvwmIconManager, stalonetray, xclock, volume controls, and xcal.

xcal is just the one-line date app at the bottom; mouse clicks bring up the full calendar or memo pad.

xcal on fluxbox -

I was looking at using xcalendar - full month calendar along the lines of xclock; but it has apparently fallen by the wayside. Wouldn't compile.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

Snap

Aaaah, that thingy looks much better and less in the way. Cool.

lwfitz

Just some simple changes........

Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Not really changed anything other than trying out the new Kernel...

Memory hog, and runs a little hotter.  No surprises...
Forum Netiquette

Snap

816 MB without apps running? Wow...  ???