brother printers

Gordon

Hi All
A question about the  above. I have just done a search for the above with no luck so hence a question.

I am thinking of buying  brother printer either a DCP J4110DW or MFC J4510DW, Has anyone any experience of either with VSIDO  ?
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO

VastOne

This looks like a pretty good How To for the MFC-J4510DW, so even though I have not personally used it I would go with it based on that
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

My Brother all-in-one is an MFC-295CN. The printer and scanner worked fine in Debian Sid/Testing once the Brother drivers were installed - note that a lot of Brother printers will have separate drivers for the printer, scanner, and fax if any you're looking at are all-in-one. The only issue I have had is that the Brother drivers are (were at the time) all 32-bit and some of the dependencies needed for 64-bit were deprecated when Debian went to the multi-arch configuration.

Edit - I just got the latest drivers for my Brother printer and used the HowTo linked by vastone as an installation guide - just printed the test page.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

Gordon

Hi VastOne , PackRat

Thanks for the reply's. I will probably go ahead now and get one sometime. I'll Keep you posted as to how it goes.  :)
Cheers :D
Gordon
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-MA69G-S3H , 8 Gb Ram, Realtek RX550 Graphics,  VSIDO