Fishing appears to be popular with this group

jedi

Wow!  Nice pics PackRat!  Almost looks like Maine...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

^ That lake is where the Appalachians come through the Carolinas into Georgia. My wife and oldest are still there; I came back with the youngest to do all the school registration.

She says she had a 4-pound bass (mostly small mouth) break her line yesterday just as she had him at the surface. I would have taken partial credit if she had landed it since I told her to go out on this little used dock at the other end of the park instead of fishing from shore by the cabin.

But since she lost it, it's all on her  :P  She knows when it comes in for dinner though, so she better go back for it tonight.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

PackRat

Wife has been on a roll this week -

3 - 3.5 pounds each.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Very nice PackRat!

Heres a few since my last visit

Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

lwfitz

Me too! Im lucky that I have some really good friends that have boats and love to fish as much as I do.

Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on November 14, 2015, 07:22:35 PM
First "pounder" -

Very impressive!  She's a little cutie and can fish as well!  You must be a pretty proud papa!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Annual, summer fishing vacation this week.

Nice and warm early summer.

Fairly easy to do when the rocks are angular:

Off to a rough start - just about done with baitcast reels, but it has become a quest to master this thing:

Ended up keeping one smallmouth bass and mid-sized sunfish for chow tomorrow. Also had a pounder sunfish, but he jumped out of the bucket.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Switched it up and went fishing for trout -

My kind of fishing - how I miss my fly rod!

Pointed out a couple spots and we caught/released a couple 6-8 inch pan fries. No trout after that though - too hot. Caught and released a 6-inch catfish.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

lwfitz

PackRat Im headed up to Mammoth, CA for some trout fishing next Friday night until Wednesday

I fish quite a bit. Here are some recent pics

Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

That will be a nice trip. Use to go into Northern California - Frenchman Lake and Sierra Buttes - for trout fishing when I lived in Reno.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

lwfitz

^ Very cool! I havent fished Frenchman in a long time. Do you still live in that area?
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

Nope; living out in South Carolina these days. Bass, catfish, and crappie fishing these days. Not much in the way of trout or fly fishing.

Oldest got a salt-resistant rod and reel last year for birthday #10, still need to make it back to the coast and break that one in. I'd like to head out to Beaufort and do some clamming/oyster digging while we're at it. Alligators are a bit to numerous for that though when you have to keep one eye on the kids as well.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

Break in the weather (until the end of the week when hurricane Mathew gets here) as Autumn arrives - some nice Indian Summer weather; best time in the SE USA as far as I'm concerned:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo