wm2 does not appear to login slim or lightdm

0day

i install wm2 but does not appear to login slim or lightdm

PackRat

It probably does not create a wm2.desktop file in /usr/share/xsessions/

You can use one that exists to create (as root) one for it. Copy an existing one to wm2.desktop and then edit it to change the name and the binary to execute.

Then it should show on the list of wm's in lightdm.

For slim, you'll need to add it to the list in the slim.conf you're using and make the appropriate entry in your ~/.xinitrc.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

hmmmm
Some of us here are (how do you say?) a little older, right?  This has nothing to do with the thread per se, other than complimenting PackRat on his enormous amount of knowledge with WM's.  (amongst other things Linux!)
Anyone remember Encylopedia Brown?  (The character)  Anyway, makes me think of PackRat!  Seems like you have an encyclopedic amount of mental skills with this stuff, and we're lucky to have you here participating...  :)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jeffreyC

From the Arch wiki:

As of version 1.3.6-2, SLiM can automatically detect installed desktop environments and window managers. This is achieved through the use of sessiondir /usr/share/xsessions/ in /etc/slim.conf. It will therefore be necessary for those who installed an earlier version of SLiM to amend /etc/slim.conf and ~/.xinitrc, accordingly.

SID has SLiM 1.3.4-2

Newer can be found here:

http://www.daveserver.info/antiX/debs/pool/dev/s/slim/