Just listened to

PackRat

The current lead singer is from Manila; Loved By You was released when Steve Augeri was the lead singer - he sounds a lot like Steve Perry, pretty sure that is him singing for this video.

Santana - Greg Rollie - Neil Schon & Co. reunite for concert in Las Vegas (I think there is reunion album in the works)

(Edit - live album will be released October 21, 2016)
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

Quote from: jedi on September 20, 2016, 12:43:26 AM
Wow, nice! Is that the new lead singer from the Phillipines, or Puerto Rico or somewhere around there? Voice sounds a LOT like Steve Perry's...
"Loved By You" is sung by Steve Augeri. Augeri sung on "Arrival" & "Generations". He was replaced by Filipino singer Arnel Pineda on the next two albums "Revelation" and "Eclipse". First three albums by Journey featured Gregg Rolie as the lead singer. Steve Perry joined Journey on their fourth album "Infinity" and remained as the chief vocalist till "Trial by fire".
Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

hakerdefo

Quote from: PackRat on September 20, 2016, 01:23:36 PM
... Santana - Greg Rollie - Neil Schon & Co. reunite for concert in Las Vegas (I think there is reunion album in the works)
(Edit - live album will be released October 21, 2016) ...
Hi there PackRat,
The album was released in April. It's called "Santana IV" and featured many musicians from the first three Santana albums. It's a good one. You can always use pmytd to get this one. Here is the updated version of pmytd,
pmytd (Poor Man's Youtube Downloader)

And here is Santana IV,

PackRat

Cool. Thanks for the link.

The October release will be a live album - 2 CD's and DVD; recorded at House of Blues in Las Vegas.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

In mood to share two songs today  ;D
The First One,
A great song by a relatively unknown band, unknown outside of USA that is. No doubt most of my American friends here would be familiar with the band. If you love guitar, you'll love this one. This one is a monster  8)

hakerdefo

Ladies & Gentlemen here is The Second Song at your service  ;D
I'm not a Country music fan but I kinda fell for this one  :o
Only downside, The Duck Dynasty Crew, A minor downside  ;D
Enjoy  8)

VastOne

Good ones hakerdefo...

The Outlaws were an awesome Southern Rock band that originated in Tampa Fl.. they influenced another band that I like from that era Molly Hatchet... This is actually an Allman Brothers original song Dreams written by Gregg Allman

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTZHHQplIX8
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

And for my encore.. second song, I have discovered this band Thrice and really like their sound and style..

This is an incredible song IMO.. says a lot about millennials..  perhaps? Very similar to Breaking Benjamin which is an incredible band also

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C9GTEsNf_GU
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

I'll chime in with one for you all to enjoy!

Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Nice mix of music - for whatever reasons, that southern rock made me think of this album; a lesser known and underrated effort from Elton John before he was uber famous:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

hakerdefo

I shared two songs and in return got five amazing songs  8)
Yet another 'southern song' for you guys, (p.s. Can anyone help me with the lyrics of this one? Interweb didn't yield anything!)

hakerdefo

2016 Nobel prize for literature goes to Bob Dylan "for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition".

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

And congratulations to Bob Dylan -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

been in a Cowboy Junkies mood all day -

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo