Fresh install W/ VSIDO ll

lwfitz

I finally just went and purchased an Xbox360 so I could play Tiger Woods PGA Tour........ That left me no more excuses for having a native Windows install.

The initial live disk boot errored just like last time but adding
nouveau.modeset=0

(thanks again Jedi) got me booted up properly so I could install. Install went flawlessly and the initial boot was perfect. I rebooted at least one more time and then all of a sudden I started getting kernel panics and/or the boot process would freeze with a nouveau/nvidia not accesible warning.
This time adding to the grub line didnt work so I booted into recovery and was able to run smxi from there and install the Liquorix kernel, reboot and install Nvidia. 

Once all that was done I was good and could enjoy my fresh VSIDO install  8) 8)

The welcome script worked just as it was supposed to (although I didnt use it) and my initial boot up memory was under 100mb (saw on my first boot).

The only things I would change would be to add Samba, gvfs-backends and libbluetooth3....... Oh and Thunar (I know I know).

All in all, great work as always VatOne!
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

Great info, Thanks lwfitz!  8) 8)

Thunar and gvfs is included in the welcome script... just saying..  :P

Enjoy those 5 days of fishing, what are you going after?

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Quote from: VastOne on October 05, 2013, 05:08:55 AM
Thunar and gvfs is included in the welcome script... just saying..  :P
Enjoy those 5 days of fishing, what are you going after?

Guess I shouldve ran the entire script then   :P :D

Im going up to Mammoth Lakes

http://www.visitmammoth.com/

so mostly Trout (rainbow and/or browns) and Kokanee Salmon...... Ill post some pics when I get back.
Don't Be A Dick!

jst_joe

Quote from: lwfitzIm going up to Mammoth Lakes
Beautiful area, well at least it was last time I was there back in the 80's.  :)
Hope you had fun.
VSIDO
The view's not that bad you just have to punch the knothole out.