October 2013 Screenshots

lwfitz

Beautiful! And one of my all tome favorite songs......
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

^ See your artwork in the image?

Thanks!
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

:o :o No I didnt...........  8) Very nice!

Well, I finally took the leap and jumped head first into my  first Arch install.........

Quite happy with the way it turned out and as a bonus I didnt break anything to badly  ;D
Don't Be A Dick!

Digit

mmm.  love that golf course background.  ... dare i suggest, could even have the like as default...   ...or, do you not want to attract the business management golfing class?   ;D

anyhoo, here's a nice clean shot of my desktop with no windows.   ... still on tabular boonad (xmonad), as amidst other geekings, i've not gotten around to tackling why my clfswm wont start (tho i suspect all may be well with a simple clearing out of existing configs, in which there's nothing of value, and likely something of bork).

prizes for anyone who knows what car this is:

and yes, that is an absurd amount of glare for me, but i like that car enough, i dont mind the headaches, if i get to see it a little more.  :) ;)

oh, and i suppose i'll take another scrot of what i'm looking at while writing this (near enough ~minor adjustments to hide sensitive bits ~ that was close, nearly revealed my autojoin lists), warts and all:

what i consider a wart, is that redundant line along the top of my firefox... what's that, n why did it appear when i made two firefox windows?  ~  oh, it's the menubar.   removed.  ahh.  cbf taking another.  ^_^

oh, ps, in other commentary... tagfile generator script to remaster slackwares, of a sort. 
my digit.org file getting populated with some draft dietary stuff, to help keep me in check on the stuff i shouldnt be eating, and more remind me of the stuff that's good (for me) in all healthcare modalities that i partake of (most notably ayurveda, blood group diet, geo-nute, some paeleo practices and insights, and of course, conventional western medicine).  small beginings to that portion of the list... but it will grow with me for years.  *has a panic realising he has no backup of it yet, and throws a copy of it to his other drives.*
been loitering in ##slackware a bit since my re-entry to the world of slack.   ... tis a strange place.
and thought i'd highlight a little segment of #emacs that brought a lil smile to my face.  trolls trolling each other, out'd eloquently.  ^_^

pps!  oops!  forgot to mention, if you're a friend and not on my friend list yet, dont be offended.  i just havnt gotten around to it yet.... and besides, we're mostly all in this one place... the nick highlighting becomes redundant.  :)

lwfitz

Very nice digit! Always a good idea to hide your sensitive bits with Jedi around!

Btw is that a vanquish?
Don't Be A Dick!

PackRat

@lwfitz - and kde on arch no less; enjoy the ride.

dwm -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

dizzie

Hi guys...

I turned this :

Into this :

And here is a scrot :

Totally LOVE my ITX system, the onboard graphics (using Intel Xeon E3-1200) (HD3000) is fast as hell, so yeah FUCK you nvidia, you old hag!

System:    Host: cryo Kernel: 3.11-1-amd64 x86_64 (64 bit) Desktop: i3 4.6 Distro: VSIDO 2 VELOCIRAPTOR
Machine:   Mobo: ASRock model: H61M-ITX Bios: American Megatrends version: P1.70 date: 05/16/2012
CPU:       Quad core Intel Core i5-3570 CPU (-MCP-) cache: 6144 KB flags: (lm nx sse sse2 sse3 sse4_1 sse4_2 ssse3 vmx)
           Clock Speeds: 1: 3094.00 MHz 2: 3026.00 MHz 3: 3230.00 MHz 4: 3128.00 MHz
Graphics:  Card: Intel Xeon E3-1200 v2/3rd Gen Core processor Graphics Controller
           X.Org: 1.14.3 driver: intel Resolution: 1920x1080@60.0hz
           GLX Renderer: Mesa DRI Intel Ivybridge Desktop GLX Version: 3.0 Mesa 9.2.2
Audio:     Card-1: Intel 6 Series/C200 Series Family High Definition Audio Controller driver: snd_hda_intel
           Card-2: Logitech Webcam C300 driver: USB Audio
           Sound: Advanced Linux Sound Architecture ver: k3.11-1-amd64
Network:   Card: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet Controller driver: r8169
           IF: eth0 state: up speed: 1000 Mbps duplex: full mac: <filter>
Drives:    HDD Total Size: 128.0GB (3.1% used) 1: id: /dev/sda model: SanDisk_SDSSDP12 size: 128.0GB
Partition: ID: / size: 7.8G used: 3.4G (46%) fs: ext4 ID: /home size: 110G used: 350M (1%) fs: ext4
           ID: swap-1 size: 0.03GB used: 0.00GB (0%) fs: swap
Sensors:   System Temperatures: cpu: 63.5C mobo: 41.0C
           Fan Speeds (in rpm): cpu: N/A fan-1: 0 fan-2: 1433 fan-3: 0 fan-4: 0 fan-5: 0
Info:      Processes: 149 Uptime: 2:20 Memory: 996.2/3674.2MB Client: Shell (bash) inxi: 1.9.16
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

lwfitz

Quote from: PackRat on November 01, 2013, 12:30:05 AM
@lwfitz - and kde on arch no less; enjoy the ride.

And a ride it is......... well its been over 24 hours and I havent broken anything......... anything that I couldnt fix at least  :D

Gotta say though that after spending some time trolling the Arch forms over the last couple days I am even more grateful for the VSIDO forums. We have a cool things going on here.
Don't Be A Dick!

Digit

Quote from: lwfitz on October 31, 2013, 09:51:17 PM
Very nice digit! Always a good idea to hide your sensitive bits with Jedi around!

Btw is that a vanquish?

forgot to revisit this thread.  no.  not a vanquish.  ^_^  i'll leave the offer of prizes open.  ^_^  i wonder if anyone will know what car that is.  ^_^