August 2013 Screenshots

VastOne

^ Very nice Digit!

Same ole for me... I just see no reason to give up on perfection....  >:(

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Isn't tomorrow July 31st?  A little early for August screenies isn't it?   ??? :D ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

^ Not in Digit's world!

He knows I will be gone for 2 days and took over what I could not do!

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Sneak one in early -

haven't changed much lately.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Nice... as always!  8)

I noticed from this that your were in the IRC... I thought you might venture there.

I dev VSIDO

Digit

Quote from: VastOne on July 31, 2013, 02:24:26 AM
^ Not in Digit's world!

He knows I will be gone for 2 days and took over what I could not do!
*ahem*  uh, yeah.  that reasons.   ;)   i didnt forget there was 31 days, i didnt think i was triple cheesing it... this is all intentional competence.  sure.  i'll agree to that.  ;)  [edit](and methinks some peeps are a little farther around the world...  it's not that early here!  :P[/edit]

lol, oh, hey, just noticed, i didnt have compton on for that scrot did i...   leme just...

now one thing that has been utterly bugging the tits off me, is getting focus-exclude to work in my compton config.  see how the focussed window (bottom right, uzbl, opaque, because has focus, as shown by the orange border), is excluded...  vlc's supposed to be doing that too even though it isnt focussed.

cant seem to get that syntax to effectively hook it up.  i can find the edges of what it thinks is borking up "off syntax", with an error message, but still, when opperating in the confines of not getting errors, i cant get vlc to be excluded from the unfocus transparency.  tried most combinations from xprop and all that g:e: n:w: stuff, which i have no idea what it means (where's the doc???), ... but educated guessing failed... the systematic aproach may be next if no one else knows how.shadow = false;
inactive-opacity = 0.82;
#frame-opacity = 0.7;
fading = false;
shadow-radius = 3;
#opacityy-exclude = "class_g = 'vlc'";
focus-exclude = [ "n:e:*VLC*", "g:e:xteddy" ]
that commented out line is from the only mention i could find, and it was for conky, parotted many times across the web.  and the only other instances where focus-exclude comes up in config, it it was an empty list.  []  what i have in my list there, is just whatever last desperate test attempts i left it as.

anyhoo.  thnx.   sry, how rude of me to tangent off into my woes in the middle of the month's screenshot thread.  ^_^

oh, er, notice my emacs looks a little lighter... that's because it is.  it has its own little extra transparency trick in there, for a dash extra alpha, keeps it pimp.  ;)

and finally:
prizes* for anyone who can say the name of the car there, extra prizes* if you didnt look it up.  methinks that's defo my fave of that manufacturer... and that manufacturer could well be my fave manufacturer too.

[edit] nyukyuk, and more prizes* if you know that episode playing in vlc there...[/edit]

*fictional

lwfitz

^ Season 5 - The Seed?  :)

Edit:

Nooooo..... That episode is called "The Real World" (I think)
Season 3 Episode 6

??? ??? wow Im a nerd
Don't Be A Dick!

Digit

DevilOne

*beams*

Dad gave me his old PC, so i could install VSIDO on it (i'm not touching my freebsd laptop just yet)

"40 isn't old.  If you're a tree. - Author unknown"

dizzie

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

VastOne

^^ Brilliant...

^ Nice one dad...  8)

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

@DevilOne - one of my favorite pekwm/openbos/fluxbox themes; somewhere on a backup, I have my fvwm version of that theme. Question to pekwm users here - I have been looking, but can not find out if a pekwm theme can be created that does not require pixmaps. Is it doable? I think it is, but I have not delved too deeply into the syntax/options of pekwm themes yet.

back on topic -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

DevilOne

Sure you can use RGB values, Hex # for colors, even with shadings too. DONT need to use pixmaps. Same as you can in OB/BB/FB- themes
"40 isn't old.  If you're a tree. - Author unknown"

dizzie

8)

_,met$$$$$gg.       dizzie@cryo-freeze
      ,g$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$P.    OS: Unknown 1_2 VSIDO
    ,g$$P""       """Y$$.".    Kernel: x86_64 Linux 3.9-11.dmz.1-liquorix-amd64
   ,$$P'              `$$$.    Uptime: 16h 56m
  ',$$P       ,ggs.     `$$b:    Packages: 1907
  `d$$'     ,$P"'   .    $$$    Shell: bash 4.2.45
   $$P      d$'     ,    $$P    Resolution: 1920x1080
   $$:      $$.   -    ,d$$'    DE: Not Present
   $$\;      Y$b._   _,d$P'    WM: PekWM
   Y$$.    `.`"Y$$$$P"'       WM Theme: Dusk
   `$$b      "-.__       GTK2 Theme: SlicknesS
    `Y$$          GTK3 Theme: Adwaita
     `Y$$.          Icon Theme: LinuxLex-8
       `$$b.          Font: Liberation Sans 15
         `Y$$b.          CPU: Intel Core i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
            `"Y$b._       RAM: 1793MB / 7918MB

Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |