Author Topic: Setting up LVM  (Read 7345 times)

jedi

• DEFCON 1
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
    • NixNut.com
Re: Setting up LVM
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 12:14:41 AM »
Hey ozitraveller!  You can get the latest FreeBSD ISO from ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/amd64/amd64/ISO-IMAGES/9.1/

I would grab the 'mem-stick' iso and use 'dd' to make a bootable USB image and install away!  It's not quite the same as your regular garden variety distro of Linux, so you might want to read a little about it first.  I have the 32-bit version 9.0 installed on a 12 or 13 year old laptop, that has given it new life!  However, there was a learning curve for me to get up and over before I was successful at it!  That said, it was a blast to play with...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

• DEFCON 1
  • Not all those who wander are lost.
    • View Profile
    • NixNut.com
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 05:23:57 AM »
Yeah it ain't too difficult obviously if I was able to get it going and am still using it!!!  ??? :D ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

ozitraveller

• View Profile
    • Star
« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 05:48:06 AM »
It's friday here, so I think I'm going to systhesize myself some beer! And lubricate myself.... ;)

It's beer o'clock!

ozitraveller

• View Profile
    • Star
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2013, 12:22:46 AM »
Well I actually have a command line FreeBSD installed in a vm. :) Ugly screens, reminds me of Arch installer.