New Laptop! (again)

jedi

Ok, got the new lappy this afternoon!  Getting the hardware registered through Asus for the warranty, and creating a backup...
Downloading the iso and hope to be up and running shortly!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

vrkalak

YAY!!  A new lappy.

We want details/specs and stuff?

I am using a fairly new Thinkpad X1 Ultra-Thin lappy with only 2 partitions (Debian -Sid and Stable+backports)

VastOne

Good luck with it jedi!

Looking forward to the end results
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Thanks guys!  Been catching up on some much needed sleep, and as of this afternoon, fighting a migraine.  :'(

I have dl'd the latest iso, and am going to blow out Windows 8 completely.  This will be a Linux only laptop when I'm done.  I've never done a GPT setup in Linux before, so I've been doing some reading today to get up to speed.  I'm going to attempt it that way before I do it the way I always have.  (msdos with ext4 partitions which is I suppose MBR?  ???)

Anyway, I'll post back when I've completed!
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

OK, all I can say is Holy Crap!  I had no idea what I was missing all this time being stuck with Bumblebee.  It is amazing the difference between having hybrid-graphics, (Optimus) and a dedicated stand alone video card. (GTX 660M with 2Gb GDDR5 RAM)  I had no idea it would look so good.  I mean it really stands out!  I can't imagine you'd believe the difference without having seen it yourself.
OK, once again I've been up all night (though I did get my meds in time and no migraine, so thats a plus) so I'm going to get some sleep, then come back and finish this beast off!
VastOne, thanks once again for the fantastic distro you've built for all of us!
Forum Netiquette

dizzie

Awesome! Glad you got it working :)
Reclaim your culture, it's within your reach!

My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | VSIDO |

lwfitz

Glad you got the drivers installed! Thats a beast of a laptop!
Don't Be A Dick!