New installs

VastOne

Installing from the latest ISO, and then upgrading to Liquorix 3.7.0-8 and nVidia beta drivers

On boot

113 MiB in use for Xfce

107 MiB in use for OB

Not bad for OOTB, IMO
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

jedi

Not bad at all!  Pretty spectacular actually!   8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

mrneilypops

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

lwfitz

Very impressive VastOne. I just installed the new ISO using my same /home and everything went perfect............ just as expected!
Don't Be A Dick!

VastOne

Thanks lwfitz, glad to hear there were no issues

Also, thanks for your VSIDO Sig link to the What is VSIDO and Why Should I Care... I edited it to reflect ceni as the network manager and to remove Dropbox

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

You removed DropBox?  How come?
Stay Home

VastOne

Because it was 46 MiB of space being used on the ISO...

Also, DB is being a royal PITA for me lately and I simply do not care for it anymore.  I have also had several discussions with people online with the same issues of corruption.  Since I have a host and can also use github and Google Drive for files with 0 data on the ISO, it was easy to drop it

I dev VSIDO

mrneilypops

If you just want a storage dump then Mega might be of interest;
http://mega.co.nz

50GB for free  8)

VastOne

Thanks for that mrneilypops, I am uploading the ISO there now as a test... If wget is an option, it is even a better bonus.

Also, @Sector11, with the ability to use wget from the host, it makes it so much easier than using DB

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

If I delete DB I'd have no place to 'share files'.

Then there's all the images I've put out there in conky threads what would suddenly go: blink!

Isn't DB just another 'cloud' storage place?
Stay Home

VastOne

There is no need to delete DB.  I have just quit making the package available as a default part of the ISO simply because it is huge.  That and icon reductions took 100 MiB off of the download size.  All anyone has to do is get the same packages and set them up

I might just create a package for what was there for DB for anyone to download and extract it to their home directory, but that is exactly the same as downloading it and extracting it from the source

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Yes, DB is just another cloud storage place but lately it seems to be having major issues with keeping track of what I have and do not have..  a lot of ghost apps are on my DB that is taking up space and I cannot delete them or download them

Very frustrating

I dev VSIDO

Sector11

Basically I have stopped using it and would probably never miss it except I have a few "shared" folders that I use pass on archives/images that are too large for email.

Plus some fun stuff:

The Rogue Paperclip

EDIT: previous image banned.  :D
Stay Home

tlinsley

Oh sweet and merciful FSM!  Don't even joke about Clippy being connected to VSIDO in form or fashion.

When forced to use winders, I will stop at nothing to excise that impertinent little demon from the system.