Firefox login error -

PackRat

I thought this issue was addressed a while back, but I can't locate it.

On Firefox or Firefox-esr, when I try to log in to VSIDO, I immediately get kicked out with this message:

Your session timed out while posting. Please go back and try again.

This is only occurring from the desktop computers which happen to be hard wired connections; I can log in from those computers using Opera (but not Chromium). From my laptop (wireless) and phone, I can log in from Firefox

I thought the adblocker add-in may have been acting up, but I can't log in from clean installs of Firefox without any extensions.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

I am seeing this type of message across many sites.. Sometimes on the 3rd try it clears and I can get in.. What is weird is there are sites that I cannot access at all with Chrome or FF but get into fine with my mobile smartphone Chrome browser

It's pissing me off.. Especially the Chrome one.. it is an AI trying to tell me what fucking sites to trust..

My bank and I have several security protocols in place to prevent access but Chrome has decided it is an untrusted site and end of discussion
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Ok I'm in on Firefox - but it was kind of by accident.

I was reading the Mozilla verbage about unsecure sites - which conveniently does not say to make the site secure so a user can log in.

I went back to try logging in and somehow missed clicking on my user name box, but managed to bring up a different dialog box in the center of the screen that had the user name and login information. Entering user name and password into that dialog got me in.

Going to reboot and see if I can get back in.

Edit - I now log in automatically as before from Firefox. So entering credentials in that other box has apparently performed some sort of brain surgery on Firefox.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

VastOne

Right... I was saying I see the same thing on FF as well.. The exact same message you are seeing on different sites .. But on the 3-6th attempt it will let me in

The Chrome stuff is similar and equally as frustrating

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Maybe I just did it enough times - would have been about attempt #6.

I'll try again from the other desktop later.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

riV

hello PackRat
not just firefox.  had same issue here. just now happened attempting to log-in. you described it:"managed to bring up a different dialog box in the center of the screen" with the login button in the header. 
a login tussle is not so bad as ... it would not log me out!  i think it timed out at the sixty minutes set at login.  will see this time upon attempt to log-Out. 
It happened here vsido with vivaldi snapshot [chromium], machine updated the vivaldi snapshot (after waiting for it to log-out of vsido community) and it still happened again.  cleared cookies the second tussle and got normal log-in. then back to the refusal. now it happened using windowsten and seamonkey. 

edit: return here with the modify button, it logged-out instantly, had the log-in issues, succeeded using the Login button as before,
and again .. so the workaround here is that Login button in that header menubar thingie. Or the word login where it says Please Login; goes to page "...?action=login" is working.
_and again with using vsido and epiphany same symptoms and workaround. epiphany brought up a not secure message on the home page.  ... same again and again. successful log-out is okay now. 
._ and again. Clearing cookies does not seem to help.

jedi

Hey guys, still having this weirdness with chrome (stable) logging in to vsido.org.  :'( As riV posted above using the login button above this works every time.  Just logged out and it logged me out instantly...  Can't log back in from the page where i get sent on logout.  Not 6 times nor 21 times...  Again, login button works.

This is my new install on metal (my stinkpad).  8) Everything else is working swimmingly!  8) A garage is a good thing. ??? Just need to get some things installed and I'll have a little 'mobile' laptop I can use anywhere!  Only has a 64 Gb ssd drive in it, but that is the beauty of VSIDO/Linux!  Planning on just using sshfs (really all I know, and NO I don't want to try samba!)  :-X for sharing... 
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

VastOne

Hmmm... I did just recently upgrade this SMF to the latest release version

I'm wondering if that might be the issue.. I am too tired tonight to investigate, I will look into it later today

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

It is a known issue with this SMF Forum software...

I'll fix it tomorrow

Thanks everyone for kicking me hard enough so I finally investigated it   :'(

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Fixed it...

Was not going to let it keep me awake tonight...

Niters all

I dev VSIDO

jedi

:D Man, you are 'The Man' for sure.  Nice work!  It is working great!  As usual VastOne comes through again!  8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous