apt-get destruction

VastOne

I saw that as well and in testing it doesn't appear to be the same issue.. The question would be, how can the hostname be changed just for tty7 where the X login is happening?

When I dropped to tty 1-6 all those remained functional... I will reboot and test this theory and look at the log and to see if it did become unset

Thanks
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Tested it and can only confirm that tty 1-6 still have the hostname correct... Since I cannot access tty7 I cannot confirm that one

The first issue A stop job is running for LXDE Display Manager for 90 seconds is definitely caused by tty7 not closing cleanly

I could put in a command that would reset hostname at logout.. will test that

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I am not finding the solution for this and honestly have this to say.. if one needs to logout.. it will not work and you must restart instead

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

There some systemd journal you could query?

I have yet to have an issue logging in/out of lxdm on an install to metal.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

Same exact install on metal (or an install on VirtualBox) and there is never an issue logging in or out.. I can try journals but what for? If one needs to logout it is just as easily done with a reboot or restart.. I know you won't see the login screen or changes you might be making and need to see, but the live session really isn't the area for it IMO.. (That's me saying I don't want to spend any more energy on this..  ???)

Perhaps someone smarter than I will see this thread in the future and know the answer

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Quote from: PackRat on January 29, 2018, 01:54:39 AM

gstreamer1.0-plugins-bad:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-base:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-good:amd64 gstreamer1.0-plugins-ugly:amd64 Here is the killer     323 MiB added... NO FUCKING WAY  ... Can add to a new script either on first login or the welcome script

An "install multimedia codecs" option in the welcome script or even in the menu works.

FYI re-examining this today.. I think I can get this and all the multi-media tools installed for GMB and Pithos and add only (maybe) 30-40 MiB to the ISO

If this is the case I can live with that

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

Looks like it is only 23 MiB additional

I dev VSIDO