Family Guy fortunes for fortune-mo

McLovin

Here is an archive with a bunch of quotes from "The Family Guy" for fortunes, so obviously, you must have fortunes installed on your system. I take no credit for finding these quotes, they came from the family guy quotes list in UberScript for X-Chat, I just formatted them lines to work in fortune-mod, and created the needed files for fortune to read them. To install them you just have to extract the archive and place all 3 files in the /usr/share/games/fortunes folder then, to use the the Family Guy fortunes, just type into terminal fortune FG

For some reason or another they wont work directly as a /exec in irc, (at least not on X-Chat) so if you want use these in irc you're gonna have to make a macro, or in the case of X-Chat, (my irc client of choice) i use an "autoreplace" line, so I go to

• Settings
  • Advanced
  • Autoreplace
click on "Add New", and you will a new shortcut/autoreplace popup and just set what ever you want your trigger to be, example, I use "FG", so in the box that says "*NEW*" I enter "FG" (no quotes),  and in the box that says "EDIT ME", i have "/exec -o fortune FG" (again, no quotes) here is a screeenshot of what it looks like in my autoreplace
Visit my DeviantArt page and My Blog

falldown

Very cool McLovin. I will give this a run later today.. With Family Guy I am sure to get a laugh.

Thanks for sharing.  ;D

McLovin

no problem, I might make more, or something else, or maybe just blow up the system, we'll see lol

VastOne

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

McLovin

Thank you, I just want to try to contribute something here, you made a really nice system, so I want to make stuff for it.