VSIDO 32bit & 64bit ISO’s updated 2017-OCT-04 23:20 CST

VastOne

• Update to both Standard and Lite VSIDO to latest Debian SID levels. This release was delayed to allow for GCC to calm down in SID
  • Updated all applications to the latest SID levels

All changes can be seen and discussed in the VSIDO Change sub forum

All files and torrents can be downloaded from the VSIDO Download page
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Downloaded the 64-bit for uefi and uefi lite - the sha256 checksums matched.

Took me a couple tries with the x64_uefi full version.

I always get erratic speeds with the nixnut site, so a reminder to users to get the sha256 file and verify the download - one of those "Linux best practices" things, should be done for all iso downloads.
I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

VastOne

^ Thanks RatMan... interesting to hear you sometimes have issues with NixNut.. I upload there and pull stuff constantly and never have an issue..  I use Filezilla for the uploads and the speeds never waver

I wonder why you would see different throughput ,,,
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

My first guess would be that I'm getting routed through the Charlotte-Washington DC-NYC urban corridor. I was downloading around 0830 EST so I would have been competing with the morning rush. Is nixnut actually hosted in Maine?

There are just times when I get erratic speeds - might just be Atlantic Broadband is a bit wonky here in rural SC.

Getting ready to set up Hyper V on the latest Windows 10 install. Going to be looing at installing VSIDO into a Windows 10 native VM.

Prepping the drive -

getting iso -

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: PackRat on October 06, 2017, 12:34:18 AM
My first guess would be that I'm getting routed through the Charlotte-Washington DC-NYC urban corridor.

Is nixnut actually hosted in Maine?

No.  I'm told by them (IcdSoft located in Hong Kong) that the server is physically located somewhere in Boston MA. (actually a suburb called Waltham?) It's supposed to be pretty secure and should be serving those ISO's up at a pretty snappy  ??? uhhhhh  ???, I'm not sure exactly how fast.  I've been with them since about '07 or '08.  ;D It is their "Business Plan" account.  I started with a "Personal Plan" account, but there just wasn't the space. (1Gb) Also the 1TB of space and all the extra security features make the biz account way more sensible for the money.  Anybody decides to get their 'server' there should let me know first so I get a discount/referral break. Taint cheap!  And as an added plug for them, I've NEVER been down, and have always had support in less than 10 minutes.  (all trivial issues that they were happy and quick to fix!!)  I've also NEVER lost any data, and as far as I know and can tell NEVER been breached...
MOF it is pretty much like having an extra 1TB hdd for my personal cloud!  :D
I get (here at home in Presque Isle, Maine) on average about 6.4MB/sec when grabbing the ISO's.  I can UL to nixnut at 2.0MB/sec which is the upper limit of my home connection.
I actually have computers here at home hooked up that are slower than the internet connection!  8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous