October 2017 Screenshot thread

jedi

Please remember to use thumbnails! Thanks...

Love "Quintet N. 1"  By 'Dustin O'Halloran' on the album "Lumiere".  So haunting...  (not the Halloween kind!)

Also, no further issues with sleep/hybernation/black-screen after installing Nvidia drivers several hours (7hrs 20min) ago...   8)
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

PackRat

Good that you got your video straightened out. I'll have to check out that music.

fluxbox + polybar

I am tired of talk that comes to nothing.
-- Chief Joseph

...the sun, the darkness, the winds are all listening to what we have to say.
-- Geronimo

jedi

Quote from: jedi on October 01, 2017, 05:18:25 AM
Also, no further issues with sleep/hybernation/black-screen after installing Nvidia drivers several hours (7hrs 20min) ago...   8)

Yeah pretty sure this is just a Nouveau issue with newer Nvidia cards.  Issue has been resolved since installing the 384.90 driver...
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

jedi

So I thought I saw a scrot of PackRat's depicting the awesomewm.  Rather than mess up my perfect goto of VSIDO, I booted into an Arch partition and installed the new version. (4.2?)  I've used 'awesome' before in the past just to mess with LUA.  I have to say that this new version is much smoother and, dare I say, "awesome"?  :D

Clean shot with a fairly simple setup...

Dirty shot showing some transparency!
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

Coming soon.. ISO's uploading

2 Min 23 sec install

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quote from: jedi on October 04, 2017, 09:44:25 PM
I have to say that this new version is much smoother and, dare I say, "awesome"?  :D

Yes, much smoother - and some pretty good new features. The lua is still the same though.

Adding some yad windows to click events on polybar. Clicking on the CPU brings up the output of sensors:

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

8) No disloyalty here, just messing around with the Arch partition with the updated awesome wm.  Pretty nice bling for tiling.  Just when I thought I was out (of tiling again), "They Pull Me Back In!"   :'(

??? When you add in tmux to the mix, wow, you can get really lost in what you've opened...   ???
Forum Netiquette

VastOne

Friday the 13th

kernel 4.13

2:13 second install

ISO's uploading

(13 is Magical tonight)

VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

PackRat

Quote from: VastOne on October 13, 2017, 11:36:40 PM
Friday the 13th

kernel 4.13

2:13 second install

ISO's uploading

(13 is Magical tonight)

Indeed

I'll check them out tomorrow.
-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

VSIDO, awesome wm, conky.  :)  Been running it now for a week on VSIDO with 0 issues at all.  If you want it, be ready to heavily edit some lua files.  The more I use tiling the more I really do like the workflow and once you learn the  ??? keybindings  ??? (or set up your own) it runs solid as a rock.

Clean with just the top and vertical wiboxes showing as well as the menu...

Tiling terminals...

Editing screen...

Editing without the top and vertical wibox showing...

Putting the conky in the vertical wibox allows it to be hidden with a keystroke!  Tiling can be catching if your into learning the keyboard and how to do keybindings.  It can be much faster to work than using a mouse all the time. (if at all)  The  ??? keyboard stuff  ??? has been the biggest curve for me...

As usual, I came up with none of this originally.  It is "copied" from the github Copy Cats and also msjche aka MoJo (also on github).  Probably also stole some settings from someone I'm not mentioning...  :'(

Still a little cosmetics to attend to, but gotta say I'm pretty happy with this setup so far!  The mem usage reflects having 6 virtual screens (tags) open with several apps open in each one. 8)
Forum Netiquette

jedi

The scrot of the terminals playing ncmpcpp is also using a different rc.lua file altogether.  Who knew there were so many totally cool cli apps?  8)
Like pianobar, (a cli backend?) basically pithos from the terminal...

Forum Netiquette

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo

jedi

You know what's awesome?  Fluxbox! Fluxbox is awesome!  And Fluxbox lived happily ever after...

VSIDO, Fluxbox, Tint2, conky.  Again...

EDIT: thanks also to msjche on github for the conky config.
Forum Netiquette

PackRat

-- Chief Joseph

-- Geronimo