How not to get banned at 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbeque'

hakerdefo

Do you have an account at 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue'?
Are you planning to join 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue'?

If no then you don't know how lucky you are  ;)

If yes then here is a tip that will prevent you from getting banned at 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue',

Don't you ever point out a mistake made by the administrator of 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue'!
Even if S/He has made an obvious mistake!

Sounds incredulous?!?
Sounds ridiculous?!?
Sounds unbelievable?!?
Want some credit for the above claim?

Okay, here is what transpired at 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue' on 19-03-2017.
The leader and administrator of 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue' posted a bash script to play internet radio streams.
The script had this variable,

PARAMS="-c -b $BUFFER"

The above parameters were for mpg123.
I pointed out that the "-c" option in mpg123 checks and reports instances of clipping. It does not enable terminal control keys. The correct option to enable terminal control keys in mpg123 is "-C".

The next day when I tried to log-in to my account at 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue' I was greeted with the message that I was banned from 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue'.

My whole conversation with The leader and administrator of 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue'  in the above mentioned topic was deleted and the script there has since been edited and corrected.

And The leader and administrator of 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue' also added the following farewell message in the script for me. It reads like this,

## for mr-know-all:
# BUFFER=3000
# PLAYER="mpg123" # you can try with streamripper, mplayer, vlc, ...
# PARAMS="--silent-whore --shut-the-fuck-up-smoothly --asshole-on-fire  -b $BUFFER" # depends on the $PLAYER, make *your* choices and stop fucking discussing what whoreface parameters you suggest

So if you are a member or you are planning to join 'the Linux forum with grill, bacon & barbecue',

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

VastOne

It is strange times we are in nowadays where even crimes such as treason are legitimized...

FOSS has taken an incredible turn in the time I have been involved and using it.. there is a need it seems to be all powerful or just flat out rude or mean

I know I have rubbed people the wrong way but I would like to think that we can rise above it in the end
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hakerdefo

jedi

Bacon Kills!   ::)  I'm sure that bacon is what caused both my heart attacks!   ???
Forum Netiquette

"No matter how smart you are you can never convince someone stupid that they are stupid."  Anonymous

hakerdefo

Quote from: jedi on March 22, 2017, 01:07:39 AM
Bacon Kills!   ::)  I'm sure that bacon is what caused both my heart attacks!   ???

ROFL  :D  :D  :D

a

sorry to hear this, thank god I am vegetarian and avoid all bacon contact, maybe it was a bad day or someone had applied too much mustard to the bacon.

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

VastOne

I dev VSIDO

hakerdefo

Quote from: a on April 12, 2017, 01:00:24 PM
sorry to hear this, thank god I am vegetarian and avoid all bacon contact, maybe it was a bad day or someone had applied too much mustard to the bacon.

:D :D :D :D :D

Cheers!!!