(SOLVED) New builds and Dialog / Yad issues

VastOne

In rebuilding from scratch that is discussed more over here I have ran into an issue with the refractainstaller-yad not using dialog and yad correctly and I suspect it is an application I have missed

When I run refractainstaller-yad from the terminal and it gets to the tzdata configure (debconf) portion the installer gets stuck in the terminal instead of popping up the dialog menu box that is the norm

Anyone know the application needed for the correct dialog windows to pop up?

I have scoured the webz trying to trace it but am coming up empty

Every other part of the yad dialog boxes works perfectly.. it is only the Configuring tzdata menu that is not running yad

This is what it normally does and should be doing:

this is what is happening now:

and none of the functions work.. if I exit the terminal the installer continues without configuring tzdata and running from terminal to debug gives no information as to what is missing
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO

hakerdefo

Is there a script called "loc-timezn.sh" in "/usr/lib/refractainstaller/post-install" folder? If yes, can you post it here?

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

hakerdefo

Quote from: VastOne on January 21, 2017, 05:16:18 PM...and I suspect it is an application I have missed...
You perhaps missed,

libgtk2-perl

Installing this should solve the problem. If it doesn't, then install,

libgtk3-perl

If it still doesn't then the time for the kitchen-sink,

libgnome2-perl

This is the kinda problem I warned about here,

http://vsido.org/index.php?topic=1258.msg14313#msg14313

Cheers!!!
You Can't Always Git What You Want

VastOne

You are the man hakerdefo...   8)

libgtk2-perl

was the one.. Issue resolved

I will confess I was going through the installed packages and just got to gtk stuff when the golf bug hit me like a ton of bricks... just got back from playing 27 holes in 3 hours on this beautiful 74 degree day
VSIDO      VSIDO Change Blog    

I dev VSIDO